Are you passionate about the delivery of high-quality nursing care in a Wound Clinic setting?
Does wound healing and wound aetiology fascinate you?
Are you looking for a new challenge and to expand your knowledge and skills in growing service striving toward excellence in wound care?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and passionate Nurse to work in the DCHS Wound Clinic Service.
We are a professional, skilled and friendly team who work safely with our patients in Derby City to provide innovative, high quality, evidence-based wound care.
The team are based at Florence Nightingale Community Hospital with clinics at Coleman street Health Centre and Revive Healthy Living Centre. On occasions there will be the need to support the other wound clinics around the Derbyshire localities.
The working hours are 08.30am-4.30pm, Monday-Sunday (including Bank Holidays).Main duties of the job
By joining this supportive and dedicated team you will have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge of wound healing, factors that prevent healing and to provide optimum care for patients with a wide variety of wounds.
There will be training provided to enhance your skills to enable you to work as an independent clinician providing high quality patient care.
Within our growing service there are also opportunities for further academic learning and support for career development. The main focus of this role is to:
- Assess, review and complete wound care for patients.
- Provide a plan of care using wound care policies and pathways for guidance utilising the wound care dressings formulary for DCHS.
- Liaise with Wound Clinic Lead Nurse and Tissue Viability specialists when indicated.
- Providing holistic assessment of patients' needs making onward referrals where required.
- Ensure safeguarding needs are met and escalated where indicated.
- Supporting junior staff and students in achieving their learning outcomes.
- Support Wound Clinic Lead Nurse and cover when needed.
Our purpose is to provide community health services to a patient population of over one million people in Derbyshire and Derby, as part of Joined Up Care Derbyshire.
We employ around 4,200 substantive staff, caring for patients in 11 community hospitals and more than 30 health centres, as well as in clinics, GP practices, schools, care homes and, increasingly, in people's own homes and via virtual consultations.
During the pandemic response we have led the implementation of public vaccination centres in collaboration with partners across health and social care. Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease review the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications and TrainingEssential
Experience and Knowledge RequiredEssential
- NMC-Registered General Nurse
- Evidence of recent training
- Experience of working in the community
- Evidence of research-based/reflective practice
- Knowledge of local and national priorities
- Understanding of the wider, NHS agenda, regarding community services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to drive as you will be expected to travel to clinical sites and across the county, to attend meetings/training
- Able to work weekends and bank holidays
Derbyshire Community Health Services NHSFTAddress
Florence Nightingale Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.