Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be providing clinical pharmacy services to cancer services, clinical nutrition and paediatric specialities, and managing the day-to-day running of aseptic services, including cytotoxic and central intravenous additive services for patients.The post holder will work approximately 9 month blocks in the following rotations:-Paediatric Clinical Pharmacy with Production Service.-Parenteral Nutrition Service with Production Service.-Cancer Services Clinical Pharmacy.About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationRoyal Free World Class ValuesEssential
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
- MPharm or equivalent or BPharm for those qualified before 2002.
- Registered with General Pharmaceutical Council.
- Currently undertaking post-graduate education e.g. clinical diploma, PTQA or having completed one of these.
- Significant relevant experience working in hospital pharmacy (preregistration year spent in hospital service is eligible).
- Comprehensive Band 6 rotation, including Aseptic Services & Oncology/Haematology
- Broad based clinical experience.
Skills and apitutdesEssential
- Experience of training or managing others
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective pharmaceutical skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to communicate with patients and staff of all levels.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to carry out day to day responsibilities and deal effectively with unpredictable / acute demands.
- Ability to justify and reason any advice given should this be challenged.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise self, others and workload.
Personal Qualities & attributesEssential
- Evidence of clinical audit/practice research
- Tutoring and teaching ability.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates initiative particularly in relation to problem solving.
- Understanding of clinical risk and clinical governance.
- Enthusiastic, well motivated, hardworking.
- Available to work weekends, bank holidays, late nights and shifts.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of NHS national and local priorities.
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Free Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.