A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Neonatal Homecare Nurse to work within the Neonatal Homecare Team, based at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton. The team is expanding to provide a 7 day service working at both Derby and Burton's Neonatal Units. The post holder will support babies and their families in the home setting across Derbyshire and Staffordshire. You will be joining an enthusiastic, friendly, motivated multidisciplinary team at an exciting time. The successful candidate will demonstrate the drive and motivation to support the expansion of such an exciting service across both sites.
We are seeking a highly motivated Neonatal Nurse with significant Neonatal course experience (QIS) or Neonatal Homecare experience.
The role will involve travelling, therefore, the successful candidate must hold a UK driving license.Main duties of the job
Closing date of applications:
- To provide a seamless timely discharge from hospital to the home environment
- Will participate in discharge planning meetings on the Neonatal units
- Take a proactive role in the education and training of the multidisciplinary team and families who require home oxygen and NGT feeds
- Able to manage own caseload and support junior members of the team
- To provide specialist on-going education, advice and support to the family in the home environment
- To be confident and competent within the home setting as a lone worker in accordance with the Trust policy
- Able to meet the needs of the service and to ensure that individual family needs are met
21st September 2023 Interview date:
5th October 2023About us
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A& Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationEssentialEssential
- Current NMC Registration
- Post-Registration Qualification in Neonatal Intensive Care (ENB 405/QIS)
- UK Driving license
- Band 6 experience in a Neonatal setting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Current Neonatal Intensive Care experience
- Mentorship Qualification
- Community experience
- IT literate
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.