This is an exciting secondment opportunity to join the Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Partnership Trust PALS & Complaints team and deliver a compassionate and high quality service to patients and relatives who have had cause to complain. We are looking for someone who is personable and who has the ability to adapt and accommodate change. They must be able to self-motivate and work as part of a team.
This role provides the main interface with complainants, some of whom may be challenging. It is therefore vital the post holder is a good listener and an effective team player. A professional, caring and respectful manner must be demonstrated at all times.
The post holder is an essential point of contact in working closely with front line staff to receive, manage and respond to formal and informal enquiries and complaints in line with Trust policy and procedure and NHS Complaints Regulations.
Drafting high quality responses for the Chief Executive's signature on receipt of complaints investigations report is an essential part of the role This will involve crafting thoughtful, kind and articulate responses to complaints, whilst ensuring that all aspects of the complaint have been fully addressedMain duties of the job
The post holder will support the Head of Patient & Carer Experience in the development, management and provision of an accessible and responsive Complaints, Compliments and PALs Service for patients, carers and members of the public on behalf of the Trust. The post holder will act as the first point of contact for the public providing a front line PALS, and complaints information service.About us
We have a rolling programme of events for the health and wellbeing of our staff. The events vary from a simple awareness raising campaign to health checks to complimentary therapies available on site, such as mini massage acupuncture and mindfulness sessions.
The cost of the eyesight test will be reimbursed for regular DSE users. If the optician confirms the need for special corrective appliances a contribution will be made towards these.
There are currently two schemes available for staff to join. You can join either of these schemes and claim back money spent on everyday healthcare such as treatment at the dentist or optician.
Did you know you could save up to �933* per parent per year or �1,866* per family per year on your childcare costs?
We recognise how important it is to achieve a balanced working life, particularly if you have demands made upon you as a parent. We are also very aware of the high costs associated with childcare. To help with these costs we are giving all of our NHS employees the opportunity to make considerable savings via our Childcare Voucher Scheme.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To support to the Head of Patient & Carer Experience in the development of systems for managing PALS , Complaints and Compliments and Patient & carer feedback
- To support the effective management of recording and reporting for all PALS , Complaints and Compliments within the trust
- To support the effective management of recording and reporting patient & Carer experience feedback
- To liaise directly with patients, relatives, carers and members of the public who wish to raise concerns or suggestions, or who require information or advice. Contact may be face to face, telephone, email or written correspondence.
- To receive complaints, oral and written, ensuring they are acknowledged and processed according to the NHS complaints regulations and the Trust policy
- To analyse and assess the problem being presented and develop the most effective approach to its solution in conjunction with the person raising the concern
- To provide an efficient, prompt and approachable support service to individuals, patients and carers by providing accurate information about the services provided by the Trust.
- To work with staff and agencies to access and action the most effective solution. This will involve immediate action to raise issues with frontline staff delivering the service.
- To provide support and expert knowledge to Investigation Officers throughout formal complaint investigation process.
- To provide expert advice and support concerning the statutory NHS Complaints Regulations to staff and to complainants. Where necessary advise and support individuals to access alternative sources of information including advocacy services or other healthcare organisations or voluntary sector services relevant to their needs.
- To monitor complaints received, both verbal & written, highlight trends and maintain and develop complaints data bases.
- To directly manage highly complex and sensitive complaints information and provide expert support and advice to ensure thorough complaint investigations against NHS/Trust standards to ensure timely responses and that the Trust meets the standards set by the NHS Complaints Regulations .
- To support and collate information in relation to Freedom of Information requests and Subject to Access records requests
- To manage the launch and implementation of the Patient & Carer Experience active engagement programme across the Trust to include Trust wide visits .
- To coordinate and draft correspondence at all stages of the complaints procedure .including draft high quality final formal response letters .
- To maintain Ulysses to ensure that all of the required information about each PALS complaint and compliment is present in readiness for data analysis.
- To supervise the preparation of case files and related information for Ombudsman and the Care Quality Commission
- To prepare documentation for the Patient & Carer Experience Group, S& Q Committee, internal reports and external agencies including the CQC and Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.
- To assist in activities to monitor progress against recommended actions.
- To promote the service by providing information, delivering presentations and supporting training. Assisting in the preparation of literature including leaflets and posters for both Trust staff and external groups
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Diploma / NVQ Level 3/4 or working to wards Equivalent level of experience gained in a NHS Complaints role .
- Significant knowledge of the NHS PALS and Complaints Procedures and regulations .
- Ability to produce formal correspondence to a high standard and written communications that are clear, concise and readily understood
- Strong administrative skills including IT and keyboard skills (proficient in the use of the internet and MS Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to analyse and assess problems and identify, recommend or implement solutions using own initiative.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in NHS Complaints handling role.
- Significant Customer service or health service or social care experience in Complaints handling
- Significant experience of working with Patients families and carers.
- Significant experience of working with Patients preferable in a clinical role
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.