Ward 22 are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic Staff Nurse to join our dynamic and friendly team for Night Shifts only.
Ward 22 is part of the Frailty pathway. We aim to provide the highest standard of care. We work closely as an MDT with Therapists, Doctors, Nursing staff and Pharmacy. We try to involve patients and their relatives in their care as much as possible.
This post offers the successful candidate incredible opportunity for career development as well as making an impressive impact on the unique service we provide.
There are opportunities to develop your confidence and your clinical skills in a supportive environment, to building and extend your existing managerial and clinical knowledge.
We also offer:
- Excellent team spirit
- Development Opportunities
- Excellent and approachable staff
- Night Shifts only
- Work life balance is key to the well-being of our staff
- Modern day working with our multi-disciplinary team
- Discounted nursery
- On site accommodation
Flexible working will be discussed during the interview
Within our diverse directorate we are also offering both fixed and secondment opportunities for further development opportunities. Based at: Bournemouth Interview date: TBCMain duties of the job
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.About us
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued team mates and colleagues.
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Demonstrable clinical experience
- Experience of caring for patients with acute and long term conditions
- Experience in providing end of life care
- Ability to demonstrate fundamental nursing knowledge and practice in the care of the older person
- Demonstrate understanding of own role and professional expectations and accountability in practice in line with NMC Code
- Awareness of role in relation to patient experience, quality and safety agenda's that support Governance Frameworks
- NMC registered Nurse
- Advanced Diploma/ Degree in adult health nursing studies
- Teaching qualification
- Post Reg course related to care of the Elderly
- IT skills
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Demonstrable ability in management of vital signs monitoring and escalation of the deteriorating patien
- Non-IV medication administration
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Venepuncture and cannulation
- ECG recording
- Male Catheterisation
- Awareness of audit in practice
- IV medication administration including blood products
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.