Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP) - Band 5 Full time, permanent role We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Psychological Well-being Practitioner to come and join our NHS Talking Therapies Team based within the North Warwickshire Locality. This is a permanent post and we offer flexible working within a hybrid model of remote and face to face sessions at our base in Nuneaton. Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull NHS Talking Therapies has a strong focus on client experience and outcomes and as such also places staff wellbeing of high importance along with continued professional development.Main duties of the job
To undertake psychological assessments of individuals aged 16+ who are referred to the service.
To offer and provide low intensity psychological interventions (in line with Talking Therapies Step 2 approach) to individuals experiencing mild to moderate depression and anxiety including stress and adjustment to life events. This will include both individual and group work.
The post holder will work with people with different cultural backgrounds and ages, using a range of suitable and evidence based interventions.
Where appropriate refer patients to employment advice services to encourage patients into employment or training.
They will also play a role in the education, training and support in mental health and psychological issues for primary care professionals and other relevant agencies. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put 'people at our heart' this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
- generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
- salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
- discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
- wellbeing support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline and more
- staff networks and support group
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
In order to be considered for this post you must possess the Post Graduate Certificate in Low Intensity Interventions or the equivalent Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner qualification. The qualification needs to be held for working with adults rather than children and young people.
In addition the successful candidate will be skilled in the delivery of a range of evidence-based, low-intensity interventions in accordance with NICE guidelines to patients presenting with Anxiety Disorders and Depression. The range of interventions will include both individual and group work, and the post holder will need to be competent in delivering interventions using a variety of communication mediums, such as telephone work and face-to-face activities.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLSEssential
- Low Intensity Practitioner qualification OR PWP training course qualification
- Evidence of working with people who have experience mental health problems
- Ability to form positive therapeutic relationships with service users and carers whilst maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Demonstrates an understanding of anxiety and depression and how it may present in Primary Care
- Excellent written communication skills
- Able to write clear reports and letters
OTHEREssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working within set criteria and referring to other services as appropriate
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
North Warwickshire NHS Talking Therapies
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.