The Occupational Therapy service for Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has a vacancy for a rotational Band 5 Occupational Therapist. The Trust offers rotations in acute medicine, emergency department, surgery/ICU, orthopaedics, cardiac, care of the older person, rehabilitation, stroke & community.As a Band 5 Clinician you will be required to take part in delivering a quality Occupational Therapy Service in balance with working clinically alongside Consultants and other members of the Multidisciplinary Team. You will need to have an enthusiastic approach, be forward thinking and have a problem solving approach to patient management. We are looking for individuals with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who demonstrate the ability to support other team members.Main duties of the job
The successful candidates will be responsible for the provision of Occupational Therapy assessment, intervention and discharge planning of patients with multiple and sometimes complex diagnoses. Successful candidates will have access to clinical supervision, CPD time and be supported in their role with an individualized job plan. Some rotations will involve weekend working and bank holiday cover on a rota basis.About us
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is ideally situated just a forty five minute drive from Manchester. The Trust provides services to the 440,000 residents of Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre and North Lancashire, as well as specialist tertiary care for Cardiac and Haematology patients.
As one of the United Kingdom's largest coastal resort, Blackpool has plenty to offer its residents - it's not just a good place to work it's a great place to live
. In addition to its bustling centre and historic seafront, the town is world famous for its many attractions, including the famous Blackpool Tower. Blackpool also offers a number of scenic cycling routes round our local parks and across the surrounding countryside, as well as boasting panoramic views of the coast on its picturesque Promenade. Further afield, Blackpool also benefits from less than three-hour connections via rail to Edinburgh in the north and London in the south.
We recommend that all individuals employed in patient facing roles, or those located on a ward or department where patients receive a service should be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical areas include:
Medicine, Emergency Care, Stroke, Orthopaedics, Surgery/ICU, Rehabilitation, Cardiac, Care of the Older Person and Community. Job Statement
please also read the full job description and person specification
To work within and adhere to the College of Occupational Therapists (COT) Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, The Health Professionals Council (HPC) standards of practice, The Trust relevant policies and guidelines.
- The post holder is responsible for provision of assessment, treatment, intervention and discharge planning of clients referred to the service.
- Has responsibility for managing a caseload of clients with a variety of conditions, which may include occasional complex cases overseen by Senior Occupational Therapist.
- Assessment and prescription of equipment and minor adaptations.
- Assist with the education of other health care professionals, multi agency professionals and occupational therapy students in relation to occupational therapy.
- Diploma / Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- HCPC Registered
Experience and SkillsEssential
- Member of the College of Occupational Therapy
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Willing to supervise Occupational Therapy Technical Instructors /Assistants.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work contracted hours but be flexible to meet the needs of the service, including weekend working.
- Hold an up to date UK driving licence with access to a car.
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
Whinney Heys Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.