To provide a wide range of high quality community care services which will enable people to lead as independent a life as possible, and have meaningful choices.
EPUT offer a fantastic relocation package of up to �8,000. Covering a number of expenditures for new recruits relocating from 30 miles or more from their new work base at EPUT.Main duties of the jobThe post holder carries responsibility for the assessment of care needs and the development of programmes of care for service users who are referred to the Community Mental Health Team for Assessment/Treatment. The role will be to act as an assessor. They will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team and work in close co-operation with hospital based and primary health care based professionals. They will be responsible for the maintenance of standards of care within the First Response Team and actively participate in the training and education of staff seconded to the service. In addition, they will also be responsible for ensuring that an integrated assessment service is provided to the clients and ensure that a good inter-disciplinary working environment is maintained.About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed termJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To establish and maintain effective individualised care using the Care Programme Approach (CPA) by:-
- Undertaking assessment of risk and formulating care plans to manage and minimise risk.
- Providing advice and information to service users, their carers and their families in order to alleviate distress and work in partnership, as far as possible, with all the available support systems.
- Providing clear, accurate and concise documentation of the service users care as required by the Trusts Care Programme Approach (CPA) Policy.
- To participate in the initial assessment and selection of potential clients ensuring that their physical/psychological, nursing and social care needs are taken into account at all times.
- To participate in team meetings, initiating and discussing new methods/models of care and participate in the introduction of research or trails within the area.
- Seek to establish a therapeutic relationship with individual clients and their families
- Ensure effective and confidential communication between all care professionals.
Please refer to the job description/person specification for more information on the role.Person SpecificationoRMN or Social work qualified for at least two years (2)Essential
- Registered mental health nurse (qualified 18months - 2years)
Car driver, access to vehicle (2)Essential
- Experience working in mental health services
- Willingness to learn and adapt
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Car driver and access to a vehicle
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Basildon First Response Team , Level C
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.