A rare and exciting opportunity for career development and to help further improve local chemotherapy services in our Chemotherapy Day Unit has arisen for an experienced Chemotherapy Nurse who is keen to meet the challenge of leading a team of chemotherapy nurses on a nurse led chemotherapy day unit, developing and improving timeliness and access to our chemotherapy services.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and experienced Chemotherapy Nurse who can drive forward the Trust's vision and values within an existing team and ensure safe high quality care for patients within our care.
We can offer candidates the opportunity to rotate / shadow a range of departments including:
Main duties of the job
- Apuldrum ward
- Balcombe ward
- Amberley unit
- Acute oncology team
- haematology CNS
- Palliative care
- Various clinic
We are looking for individuals with a strong desire to enhance and develop their skills. Previous experience in a SACT unit is essential. You will be supported by a dynamic band 7 Manager and an experienced, energetic band 6 Deputy Manager. A bespoke induction programme will be developed to support the successful candidate to achieve their full potential.
You will be required to work at St Richards Hospital in the first instance, cross site cover to Worthing hospital maybe required.About us A
t UHSussex we're proud to be at the heart of the NHS. As one of the UK's largest acute Trusts, we're a leading example of the excellence, the ambition and the values that have embodied the NHS for over 70 years. Improving lives:
We are a vibrant and inclusive organisation, with hardworking, talented and dedicated individuals, who work together towards a common goal, to always put our Patient First. Our mission is summed up by our 'where better never stops' motto and no matter the role at UHSussex, you will play a part in driving us forwards and in improving the lives of patients across Sussex. We treat our patients and staff with the same compassion and empathy we expect for ourselves. We're here for them when they need us, and we go above and beyond to meet their needs. This can be seen in our wellbeing programme for staff which is extensive and designed to support you when you need it because we know that to look after others we must first look after ourselves. Build a career with us:
As a university trust and a leader in healthcare research, we value learning, teaching and training so that we can be the best that we can be. From the moment you start with us and throughout your career we will help you to grow and develop. We hope that in choosing UHSussex you are choosing a long and happy career where you will be able to see the difference you make and feel valued for all that you do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details. Person SpecificationessentialEssential
- Provide high quality evidence based clinical care to patients, in line with the Trust values and in accordance with professional regulation
- Work with others to protect and promote the health and wellbeing of those in your care, their families and carers, and the wider community
- To work in line with Trust policies, objectives, protocols and local guideline
- To act as a role model communicating in line with Trust values, to patients, carers and the staff at all times
- Accept delegated responsibility for specific activities/areas from the senior nurse in charge, recognising and working within the limits of your competence
- Take every opportunity to continue to maintain and develop your own practice
- Facilitate students and others to develop their competence through supervision, teaching and role modelling.
- Substantial experience as a band 5
- Previous experience working in a SACT day unit
- competent in the administration of SACT
- Trained in venepuncture and cannulation
- Triage experience within a SACT unit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Degree level study
- Evidence of ongoing development, recent study
- Leadership course
- Management experience
- Experience of scheduling and screening for SACT treatments
University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust (279)Address
St Richard's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.