A fantastic opportunity to join the therapies team has arisen across ABUHB.
We are looking for a creative, innovative and motivated practitioner to join our recovery service with clincical experience of working with a range of client groups, including adults and children. Experience of rehabilitation, working with those impacted by long term conditions and experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team are essential components of this post.Main duties of the job
The Adferiad Service supports people coping with the impact of health conditions in their lives including, Long Covid, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain. The clinical pathway is focused on working with people to identify and support their needs, in partnership with GP's, psychologists, specialist teams and community services.
The post holder will be based alongside the Adferiad team and will report to the Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist within the team. The role will include assessment and interventions focused on meeting the physical, emotional and social impacts of people with extended health issues. These will be delivered by the post holder in individual, group, face-to-face and remote formats.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is a multi-award winning NHS organisation with a passion for caring. The Health Board provides an exceptional workplace where you can feel trusted and valued. Whatever your specialty or stage in your career, we have opportunities for everyone to start, grow and build your career. The health board provides integrated acute, primary and community care serving a population of 650,000 and employing over 16,000 staff.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and extensive training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training, excellent in-house programmes, opportunities to complete recognised qualifications and professional career pathways including a range of management development programmes. We offer flexible working and promote a healthy work life balance, provide occupational health support and an ambitious plan for a Wellbeing Centre of Excellence to support you at work.
Our Clinical Futures strategy continues to enhance and promote care closer to home as well as high quality hospital care when needed. This includes the Grange University Hospital which provides specialist and critical care and is the newest addition to the clinical futures strategy opening in November 2020. Join us on our journey to pioneer new ways of working and deliver a world-class healthcare service fit for the future.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
Professional aspects of the Occupational Therapy role are:
- Gaining an understanding of the impact the condition and any other pre-existing health conditions on an individual's skills/ abilities (motor, processing, communication and interaction)
- Gaining an understanding of conditions impacts an individual's ability to participate in their life roles, habits and routines (self-care, work, leisure, at home and in the community)
- Understanding what matters most to the person and their priorities for activities for daily living
- Using strategies to support an individual to regain their skills and abilities (be this exploring strategies for compensating for the loss or rebuilding skills e.g. through use of prompts, fatigue management techniques etc).
- Using strategies to support participation (this can include using a graded approach to reintegrate into chosen occupations)
The role will support GPs and other primary/ community care staff to identify those people that require signposting or direct contact with another professional. The post-holder will also be working alongside voluntary and charitable provision to link people with others that can help them in their local community.
The successful post holder will be required to respond flexibly to changing needs that emerge as the service develops including working with other services within Adferiad specifically, the Paediatric Recovering from Illness Service or the wider Therapies team. Therefore, there will be an expectation to develop skills, knowledge and experience of working across an all age pathway.Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC Registration
- Up-to-date professional portfolio
- Some specific training related to clinical area eg manual handling, seating and positioning, advanced communication skills, cognitive assessment, motivational interviewing.
- Detailed knowledge and application of OT outcome measures
- Detailed knowledge and application of principles of clinical governance
- Planning and co-ordination of specialist intervention programmes
- Application of health, safety and risk management policies
- Practice Placement Educator Apple accredited
Skills and AttributesEssential
- Post-graduate experience of working with people with complex long-term conditions
- Clincial experience of working in rehabilitation/recovery type services either for adults or childrens services.
- Supervision experience of junior staff and/or students
- Post-graduate experience of working in community settings.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to reflect on and critically appraise own performance and develop new methods of working
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Training and presentation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to travel within a geographical area to meet the requirements of the post
- Commitment to client centred and non-discriminatory practice
- Ability to work flexibly and respond to unpredictable work demands
- Ability to cope with highly emotional or distressing circumstances
Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAddress
St Cadocs Hospital (TBC)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.