Choose a new and exciting opportunity to shape the practice of nursing staff in University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust. You will use your clinical skills to deliver innovative training and education programmes and coordinate practice supervisor and practice assessor preparation. In this post you will work across the Trust collaborating with clinical educators in speciality departments. Underpinning your work will be how you role model best nursing practice.
You will work Trust wide and your base site will be at Royal Sussex County Hospital.Main duties of the job
- To work collaboratively with the Advanced Clinical Educator / Senior Practice Development Nurse and Practice Development and Education Team in delivering clinical skills training and education programmes.
- To advance clinical knowledge and skills using approved learning and assessment
- To coordinate practice supervisor practice assessor preparation
- To facilitate a culture where practice development can flourish
You will join a highly motivated and dedicated team. You will benefit from a full induction and ongoing development in your role.
You will enhance your clinical and education roles in a Trust that celebrates the successes and impact of education in clinical practice.About usJoin us at UHSussex, every day is different, you can be the change, better never stops A
t UHSussex we're proud to be at the heart of the NHS. As one of the UK's largest acute Trusts, we're a leading example of the excellence, the ambition and the values that have embodied the NHS for over 70 years. Improving lives:
We are a vibrant and inclusive organisation, with hardworking, talented and dedicated individuals, who work together towards a common goal, to always put our Patient First. Our mission is summed up by our 'where better never stops' motto and no matter the role at UHSussex, you will play a part in driving us forwards and in improving the lives of patients across Sussex. We treat our patients and staff with the same compassion and empathy we expect for ourselves. We're here for them when they need us, and we go above and beyond to meet their needs. This can be seen in our wellbeing programme for staff which is extensive and designed to support you when you need it because we know that to look after others we must first look after ourselves Build a career with us:
As a university trust and a leader in healthcare research, we value learning, teaching and training so that we can be the best that we can be. From the moment you start with us and throughout your career we will help you to grow and develop. We hope that in choosing UHSussex you are choosing a long and happy career where you will be able to see the difference you make and feel valued for all that you do.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesSee attached job description for full details, main responsibilities are outlined below:
Person SpecificationProfessional registrationEssential
- To develop clinical skills training and education programmes for non/registered nursing staff.
- To deliver / coordinate clinical skills training and education programmes to non/registered nursing staff utilising a range of learning strategies including technology enhanced learning.
- To coordinate practice supervisor and practice assessor preparation.
- To initiate and respond to evaluations and feedback to improve education provision in terms of content and delivery.
- To make effective use of available resources and eliminate waste in order to contribute to the cost effective delivery of services
Experience / qualificationsEssential
- First level registered nurse with Nursing and Midwifery Council (UK)
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or equivalent
- Practice Supervisor and Practice Assessor or equivalent
- Clinical competence (e.g. venepuncture, cannulation intravenous therapy)
- Master's degree / Level 7 study or willingness to undertake
- Clinical expert through formal qualification / experience
- Teaching and assessing skills
- Communication skills
- Competent IT skills (Microsoft 365, TEL)
People management and developmentEssential Desirable
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Research awareness and skills
- Professional mentor / coach
- Physically, mentally and emotionally able to undertake job responsibilities (including cross site travel)
Freedom to actEssential Desirable
- Experience of working in practice development or equivalent
- Emotional intelligence
- Aware of current developments in practice development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to set and review priorities in response to unpredictable circumstances
University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust (279)Address
Royal Sussex County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.