We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Lead MSK Physiotherapist to join the team. The role will initially be based at the Oakes Resource Centre, Keighley, however this is subject to change dependent on service need. If you are looking to develop your career in MSK physiotherapy and leadership this could be the role for you.
We deliver a wide range of MSK services across multiple MSK sites, gymnasiums, hydrotherapy pool, within District General Hospital, Health Care Centres and GP Practices.
You would be joining the team at a time of development of how we deliver our services. You will have the opportunity to work alongside our clinical leads to shape the future of Airedale NHS Foundation Trust MSK Therapies Team
We are looking for an innovative and compassionate leader to join the team.
We can offer:
- Excellent supervision from experienced staff and peer support.
- A regular established IST programme
- CPD opportunities
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Valuable experience of working within strong physiotherapy and multi-agency teams.
Thank you for your interest in the post.Main duties of the job
The post holder will
- Lead and develop the MSK service
- Be responsible for planning, coordinating, delivering and evaluating clinical case work within MSK Physiotherapy
- Provide evidence based, highly specialist knowledge and skills to the MSK service/clinical area
- Provide a key role in partnership working with patients, carers, the MDT, and wider statutory, private and voluntary sector services.
- Take responsibility for effective functioning the team within MSK services
- Take a lead with quality improvements in MSK services
- Take responsibility for staff and student training and development.
- Provide support to operational and service managers deputizing for them as required
In pursuing these duties the post holder will ensure compliance with the NHS Constitution and be familiar with the NHS England Guidance 'Understanding the new NHS'About us
We are always looking for enterprising and innovative approaches to the way we provide our services. We are a national centre for telemedicine and introduced telehealth to the UK offender healthcare sector and also provide the service to patients in their care homes. Community matters to us and we are supported by 400 dedicated volunteers and have strong links with Bradford University, Craven College and Leeds City College to ensure we inspire the workforce of the futureWe want to attract staff who embrace our 'Right Care' behaviours of compassion, a commitment to quality of care and working together for patients - we want to make these part of our DNAJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information regarding the role, please see attached job description and personal specificationPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC registered
- Recent post graduate courses relevant to the MSK service, including leadership
- Member of relevant Professional special interest groups/organisations
- Certificate in Managing Health Services or equivalent
- Recent, comprehensive and relevant experience working in MSK Physiotherapy
- Experience of multidisciplinary guideline development, implementation and audit
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Recent experience of leadership /management role
- Experience in dealing with Human Resource issues such as recruitment and retention, performance management, sickness and annual leave
- Specialist level of knowledge and clinical reasoning skills to support expert clinical practice in MSK Physiotherapy.
- Knowledge of the roles of other professionals and the principles of partnership working with key stakeholders in MSK Physiotherapy
- Excellent communication and counselling skills including observation, listening, motivational interviewing and empathy
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to use all applications of Microsoft Office
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Oakes Resource Centre, Keighley
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.