We have an excellent Band 5 opportunity for graduate or experienced Dietitian to work within our highly motivated and experienced department.
This full time substantive post is part of 4 x Band 5 rotational posts, two of which are based at St Mary's Hospital and two based at Charing Cross Hospital. You will have the opportunity to further develop your knowledge, skills and experience through regular clinical supervision, peer based learning, CPD opportunities and multi-professional preceptorship courses.
We are a large, high profile, friendly department involved in undergraduate and post graduate medical training. We also facilitate placement 1, 2 and 3's for dietetic students and are involved in teaching other health professionals such as nursing and therapy colleagues. The department is forward thinking and our service delivery is very much influenced by the audits and research projects we carry out which are supported by excellent IT facilities and Quality Improvement initiatives. The department also supports robust CPD for all staff members.Main duties of the job
To provide a specialist dietetic service to designated clinical areas in liaison with the clinical lead Dietitians. This post is rotational across the Trust and covers predominantly inpatient work.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor further information please contact: Dina Saleh -Dinasaleh@nhs.net Alexi Adas -firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Recognised Degree and/or postgraduate diploma
- Candidates are able to speak and write English to the appropriate standard necessary to fulfil the job requirements
- Current HCPC registration (Dietitian)
- Strong academic background either first or 2:1
- Undergraduate degree or Merit/distinction post graduate degree
- Experience of the acute hospital environment with patient groups in medicine and surgery
- Experience of artificial nutrition support in the acute hospital setting
- Clinical research experience
- Clinical audit experience
- Experience in mentoring/supervising others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Basic nutritional assessment techniques
- Organisational skills
- Computer literacy including email, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Use of dietary assessment software
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.