This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join the Procurement team at UHDB.
You will be joining a friendly and welcoming team which offers great opportunities for personal development and career progression.
UHDB has a turnover of �1billion plus each year, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to positively influence a variety of spend categories, with the aim of delivering our organisational financial plan, whilst ensuring we are using our money wisely for the benefit of our patients and communities.
To undertake and lead on the procurement process for designated categories of spend, providing a cost effective and efficient service to all stakeholders across the Trust and ICS.
Ensure that the Trust optimises value for money from its influenceable non-pay expenditure, while supporting the Trust's Procurement Strategy through effective management of their contract portfolio.
The successful candidate will be required to influence, and relationship manage clinical and non-clinical stakeholders.
To help deliver regional and national aims, objectives, and projects.
All procurement activity must adhere to internal Standing Financial Instructions, as well as complying with all Public Procurement regulations. Main duties of the job
To manage a variety of spend categories, both clinical and non-clinical.
To follow robust project management methodologies including project definition, timescale monitoring of financial and non-financial benefits, risk, governance, reporting and communication.
To develop effective working relationships with all levels and types of staff across the Trust, to deliver projects, with specific focus with clinicians. Closing Date: 21st September 2023 Interview Date: 5th OctoberAbout us
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A& Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Evidence of effective category management knowledge
- Knowledge of managing complex stakeholders
- Knowledge of creating and analysing reports 'Analytics'
- Evidence of working at a senior level
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrates experience of working with senior staff and / or clinicians 'Positively influencing'
- Able to manage conflicting requirements from stakeholders. Well-developed interpersonal skills, e.g. influencing and negotiating, team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload effectively
- A history of delivering successfully to achieve deadlines
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Derby Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.