You will be a highly motivated, experienced and skilled Clinical/Counselling Psychologist, who is ready for the challenge to work with children, young people and their families/carers with a range of eating disorder diagnosis and who enjoys working with a multi-disciplinary team. If you are a Band 7 looking for a developmental post where we can support you to Band 8a competencies (over a 12-month period approx.) or an individual ready to move into a Band 8a post, then we want to hear from you.Main duties of the job
Whilst previous experience of working with CYP with eating disorders would be a considerable benefit, it is not essential. We are looking for the right person with the enthusiasm to develop skills and knowledge in this fascinating area. Support, supervision and training will be available to support you in developing these skills.
If you are a Band 7 looking for a developmental post where we can support you to Band 8a competencies (over a 12-month period approx.) or an individual ready to move into a Band 8a post, then we want to hear from you. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put 'people at our heart' this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
- generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
- salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
- discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
- wellbeing support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline and more
- staff networks and support groups
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements. Please note many Trust interviews are taking place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Good honours degree in Psychology. Eligibility for Graduate Membership of the BPS
- PhD or DClinPsych or equivalent in Clinical Psychology.
- Registered as a Practioner Psychologist (Clinical) with the HCPC
- Pre and post-qualification training in specialist assessment and treatment of children and young people with complex mental health problems, neuropsychological assessment, research methodology, staff training and/or other fields of applied psychology.If you do not have training in this area, then we are happy to support your development with a Band 7 developmental post.
- Post qualification training or knowledge in one or more evidence based psychological approach with children with complex and severe mental health problems (e.g. CBT or systemic psychotherapy)
- Qualifications or equivalent experience for teaching, training and supervising of doctoral level trainees would be beneficial but not essential for the Band 7 post.
- Computer, IT and internet skills
OtherEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency setting.
- Experience in a CAMHS and or knowledge in a similar setting
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse. If you do not have experience of this then we would be happy to support, you develop this through the Band 7 developmental post.
- Supervision of assistant psychologists and other multi-disciplinary professionals. would be required for the Band 8a post but not Band 7 developmental post.
- Experience and or knowledge of engaging clients who are hard to reach because of their social circumstances and/or because of communication difficulties
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Stoney Stanton Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.