This is a development post for a fixed term 12-month contract.If you are an internal applicant this post will only be offered on a secondment basis, and you will need to have gained your line managers approval for the secondment prior to going to interview.
Are you a dynamic and motivated Band 6 Registered Nurse?Do you wish to develop your leadership and management skills?
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. We are seeking to recruit a Band 6 ward deputy ward manager to complement our team. We work very closely as a multidisciplinary team and have a dedicated and skilled nursing team as well as therapy and medical staff.
We strive to provide excellent nursing care and follow the core values of Powys THB - namely respect, trust, integrity, working together, kindness and caring, and fairness and equality which ultimately leads to 'Truly integrated care centred on the needs of the individual'.Main duties of the job
As the Band 6 ward deputy ward manager you will be responsible for assisting the ward manager in the leadership, management and development of the team of nurses, ensuring you portray yourself as an excellent role model by providing a high level of clinical care that is evidence based and effective.
You will work closely with the ward manager to co-ordinate staff training and ward coverage utilising e-rostering, undertake appraisals and be responsible for managing the ward in the absence of the ward manager.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Being the smallest Heath Board in Wales means that you won't get lost in the crowd. Everybody at Powys Teaching Health Board is valued for the contribution they make to our varied and diverse portfolio of community-based services. Together, we can continue to make a real difference to our patients and build on our unrivalled reputation.
As a supportive and progressive employer, we actively encourage you to carve out a career with us, through a range of development pathways. We're also lucky enough to be situated in one of the most beautiful rural counties in Britain, let alone Wales! Achieving a healthy 'life work' balance is essential, and something we recognise by prioritising your well-being.
To start your journey with us, and to learn more about what we can offer you please visit: https://pthb.nhs.wales/working-for-us/. There you will find information about our benefits and values, read staff experiences and more about what our beautiful county has to offer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
This is an excellent opportunity for future development and enhancing career progression.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- 1st Level Registered Nurse.
- Up to date portfolio and evidence of professional development
- Evidence of post basic academic studies at diploma or degree level
- Significant experience as a registered nurse
- Able to demonstrate and put into practice, professional achievements
- Able to articulate and demonstrate activity in meeting requirements of clinical governance
- To have experience and qualifications as a mentor to student nurses and encourage future placement of students for their training
- To articulate and demonstrate effectiveness with other members of the team
- To have a post-basic qualification and an ongoing supervision in a defined therapeutic clinical intervention
- Exhibit enthusiasm and vigour to develop the needs of the service
- Team worker
- Caring Attitude
- Flexible Approach
- Strong personal drive and ambition to suceed
OtherEssential Desirable Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- To be flexible in approach e.g. willingness to facilitate groups in the evenings or at week-ends.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Evidence of leadership and achievement in driving and motivating a staff team
- Demonstration of awareness of national developments and standards.
- Evidence of knowledge of basic and more advanced nursing interventions, using up-to-date information and research.
- Must be I.M. & T. literate and demonstrate evidence of its use
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To have participated in a management or leadership course.
- Up to date experience of teaching / facilitation of groups
Powys Teaching Health BoardAddress
Victoria Memorial Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.