Come and work for us in Waltham Forest! We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 6 Speech and Languagetherapist to be part of our Special Schools SLT team.
We are looking for a band 6 therapist to join our innovative and supportiveteam Special Schools Team. The post holder will be working with children and young people with complex communication needs.
Our SLT team offer excellent support, supervision and CPD opportunities. You will be able to specialise in a number of areas relating to the caseload, including AAC and ASC.
The SALT paediatric team is based at Wood Street Health Centre, a purpose-built healthcare centre for children and young adults in the borough of Waltham Forest in the heart of vibrant East London.
Our service is part of the Specialist Children's Services, including Speech and Language Therapists, Paediatricians, Physiotherapists, Specialist Children's Nursing. We have a strong focus on multi-agency working across health and education.Main duties of the job
You will need to demonstrate the following requirements for the post:
- Passion for working with children complex communication needs in a special school setting.
- Post registration experience in delivering appropriate intervention/care plans/enhanced models of SLT for paediatric clients with communication needs providing suitable and timely support, ideally in special school settings.
- Clear clinical reasoning based on evidence-based practice within paediatrics, with specific experience in treatment working with children exhibiting complex communication difficulties.
- The ability to provide feedback, advice and training internally within the profession and externally to other staff groups as well as clients' families.
- Responsibility in taking a delegated lead on the development of team objectives or projects in liaison with the clinical service lead and peers.
The main responsibilities of the post include
- Providing a high standard of Speech and Language service in special schools.
- Working autonomously to provide speech and language assessments and interventions for children with complex, diverse needs and varying presentations.
- Working collaboratively with the school team and with students' families.
- Providing specialist training, support and development for school staff, parents and for our SLTs (and other professionals as necessary) within the area of communication difficulties as well as supervision, advice and second opinions to more junior colleagues
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,313 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The successful candidate will be Band 6 Speech & Language Therapists or experienced Band 5 Speech and Language therapists with the right skills, for a development post. Previous knowledge & experience of working with a paediatric caseload is essential. Previous knowledge & experience of working with children in special school settings would be highly desirable.
You will have excellent communication skills & enjoy working as part of a team.
Please refer to the Job Description & Person Specification attachment. Flexible working:
NELFT welcome conversations around flexible working. Please get in touch if you have any questions.Person SpecificationA.C. as per Person SpecEssential
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Qualified / Registered
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Wood Street Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.