We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and skilled Project Manager.
The position sits in Corporate Operations a team that has a large portfolio providing you with the opportunity to work with teams/services across the organisation.
The portfolio currently includes a number of programmes which will
- deliver and sustain improvements to the Trust's cancer performance
- deliver Theatre productivity improvements
- deliver Elective Recovery in line with national planning priorities
If you have strong project management skills, experience in improvement methodology and data analysis experience please consider applying!
The post is ideal for you if you have previously worked in a portfolio, programme and project management environment as the role will include planning, facilitating and implementing specific projects ensuring that reporting, escalation and risk management is in place.
Your IT skills will include standard MS packages together with bespoke MS products such as Project, Sharepoint and Power BI however this is not essential as training will be provided.
If you are interested in this post, please contact Alex McCrudden via email email@example.com to discuss the role.Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for: -
- Effective planning, implementation, delivery & monitoring of a range of workstreams.
- Producing accurate and well-structured project documentation.
- Reporting project progress to senior management and advising on options to address project issues, as they arise.
- Risk identification, reporting and management.
- Data analysis, interpretation and communication of results and propose recommendations using project management methodology.
- Monitoring and managing the delivery of projects against targets
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click herehttps://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To work closely with the operational teams / relevant key stakeholders to develop, implement and deliver projects within the Trust strategies.
Responsible for the management and coordination of Trust wide projects, including full project cycle from conception to implementation.
Support operational teams in the identification and development of benefits realisation portfolio project plans, milestones and risks.
Work in partnership with internal stakeholders in the Trust to embed a project and portfolio management culture embedding sustainable change into everyday operational business.
Please see the attached job description for more information. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant first degree or equivalent experience
- Programme management to post graduate diploma level
- Formal change management qualification e.g. Prince 2
- Formal quality / improvement qualification or equivalent QI experience in a business environment
- Specialist knowledge and in-depth experience of working in a quality improvement
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of dealing with and communicating highly complex, highly sensitive and highly contentious information to large groups of Staff or Public
- Negotiation, motivation and influencing skills
- Ability to present project management techniques and tools
- Ability to discuss quality improvement with non-technical users
- Ability to delivery presentations to a large audience
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of project /programme management, financial implications and improvement methodologies and the ability to apply them in clinical settings, working with different staff groups at all levels within the organisation.
- Supporting service change within complex service environment.
- Experience of working with clinical staff and operational teams.
- Experience of working in partnership with teams across the Trust
- Understanding of outcome measures and key performance indicators within the NHS.
- Understanding and knowledge of clinical pathways
- Substantial experience of providing improvement support to a series of complex, large inter-related projects
- Substantial experience of using Microsoft Office applications
- Working with colleagues at all levels including senior clinicians
- Experience off affecting change in an organisation
- Analyses of non-routine data, interpretation and resolution
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Teaching and presentation skills
- Experience of working in a NHS environment
- A good understanding of the application of information and IT systems to support patient care
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.