This is an exciting opportunity to join us as our new Head of Information and Systems in the People and OD Directorate where you will have the opportunity to embed your existing knowledge and experience but also be placed in a stretching role that allows you to further develop skills, knowledge and experience. Main duties of the job
Working closely with the Associate Director, you will ensure the Trust has a high functioning and adaptable people and OD information service providing indepth and specialised intelligence and analysis of the workforce to support the wider organisation in a range of workforce planning activities. You will ensure that the service provided by the teams fulfils our Trust values of Together, Kindness and Respect.
This is a critical role in the directorate so you will need to have extensive experience of leading relevant people and OD services in an NHS provider organisation at a senior level coupled with energy and enthusiasm to deliver high quality and supportive services to our users. About us
You will need to demonstrate well developed influencing skills with the ability to resolve situations working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders drawing on your indepth experience and knowledge of workforce and rostering systems and a drive for quality improvement.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To lead, manage and develop an effective and professional Workforce System Information service to managers and staff across the Trust.
To work closely with senior management to provide business focused People Information system solutions to support patient and corporate services.
To shape and inform the workforce systems and information agenda as part of senior management discussions.
Ensure that there is a clear Workforce Systems business plan in place that reflects agreed priorities and actions as set out the Trust People Plan.
Ensure the professional development of junior members of the team, to increase their knowledge, skills and create a pool of talent for the broader People & OD function. To be the budget holder for the respective teams under the portfolio.
Ensure that the team members have the skills and experience to deliver the workforce systems function through effective performance management, target setting, coaching and development.
Develop processes and procedures which are streamlined, user-friendly and consistent with the ESR system. This includes minimum dataset, absence management and compliance.
Manage proactively through the team employee management information systems including ESR, Leap, Allocate Healthroster and any future electronic developments.
Responsible for the co-ordination and production of Trust and Operational Directorate people metrics as per the established reporting schedule, ensuring compliance with internal and external governance and quality audit compliance, providing Board assurance and to inform Directorate operational needs and service delivery.Person SpecificationEssentialEssential
- Graduate level education and/or professional qualification Educated to Master's Degree level or equivalent demonstrable experience, preferably supported by a formal management/ business qualification in HR/OD
- Extensive experience of leading people and OD services in an NHS provider organisation at a senior level
- Up to date knowledge of workforce systems including ESR and Health Roster Previous knowledge and experience of using dynamic reporting tools e.g. Power BI
- Experience in the delivery of complex work, incorporating multiple inputs and stakeholders with fluctuating and competing priorities
- Evidenced experience of working collaboratively with external stakeholders and across organisational boundaries
- Ability to establish rapport/credibility with colleagues including clinicians, managers, staff, staff representatives and other professionals within the partnership.
- Experience of working with multiple services or organisational Directorates with sometimes opposing objectives to gain consensus
Employer detailsEmployer name
- PRINCE2 or other Project Management qualification.
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Maudsley Hospital & remote working
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.