- Are you a HCPC Registered Dietitian with an interest in furthering your dietetic career in a large acute Trust?
- Do you enjoy working as part of a supportive team?
- Are you looking for the opportunity to gain experience in a range of specialities?
There really has never been a more exciting time to join us! The dietetic team play an integral role in UHBW providing tertiary and regional services to pathways including intestinal failure, cystic fibrosis, oesophago-gastric and hepatobiliary surgery, ECMO, head and neck cancer and bone marrow transplant.
This post sits within UHBW's adult Nutrition and Dietetic Service, comprising of approximately 60 dietitians and dietetic support workers. The team are based across two main hospital sites in Bristol and Weston with this post being based in the Bristol Royal Infirmary.
Our dietetic service offers specialist knowledge and expertise is a very friendly and supportive environment with a strong emphasis on staff wellbeing.
With our team comprising of a range of specialist rotational and static positions, the dietetic department offers excellent opportunities for professional development and career progression.
A rotational band 6 position offers a unique and ideal opportunity for someone to develop their advanced clinical reasoning skills and work within a range of specialist pathways while still retaining the flexibility for future career progression.Main duties of the job
UHBW's Nutrition and Dietetic Service has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our acute dietetic team. The post holder will provide a service to inpatients admitted to hospital who predominantly require nutritional support, in addition to outpatient work, teaching, supporting with service development and supervision of dietetic support workers. Training of University of Plymouth 'A', 'B' and 'C' placement students will be expected as part of this role.
Within the band 6 pathway, there are 8 roles working across the specialities of critical care, surgery, head and neck, hepatology, respiratory, medicine, CF and oncology. Working closely with our senior specialist band 7s provides a fantastic opportunity and environment to continue your professional development within a range a specialist pathways.
In modern healthcare a flexible workforce is essential. To best meet the needs of our healthcare colleagues and service users, the dietetic department provides a service on Saturday, which you will contribute to once a month with a corresponding day off in the working week. We also provide a bank holiday service, each member of staff covering 2 bank holiday dates a year.
The department operates a very successful flexitime policy allowing our service to meet the needs of our service users and team members.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- HPC registration
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Degree/Post Graduate qualification in nutrition or dietetics
- Clinical Supervisory Skills (Basic)
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- BDA Membership
- PEN Group Clinical Update Course and/or Behaviour Change Course
- Proven experience in enteral nutrition support, chronic disease management and nutrition support in acute illness
- Student training
- Working as part of a multi-professional Team
- Teaching Experience
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- Audit Experience
- Experience of supervision of junior staff
- Experience of writing protocols & guidelines
- Experience of working in the community
- Experience of Home Enteral Nutrition
- Time management
- Good communication skills at all levels - oral, written, interpersonal
- Good organisational skills
- Teaching/presentation skills in a variety of settings & to professional groups/ grades
- Computer skills & use of dietary analysis programmes
- Advanced clinical reasoning
- Behaviour & motivational interviewing skills
- Able to maintain effective working relationships across different professions
- Insight & sensitivity
- Team player & able to maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to process highly complex information or situations
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviours of patients, carers & students
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Active/committee member of BDA Specialist Interest Group
- Access to transport in order to deliver community working
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Infirmary
Upper Maudlin St.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.