Experienced Registered Nurses Accident and Emergency 37.5 hours per week Permanent �28,407- �34,581 per annum Closing date: Sunday 24th September 2023 Interview Date: TBC
It's time to #Jointeameliot!
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our CQC rated good Accident and Emergency department, with vacancies for experienced Band 5 Registered Nurses to join our friendly and welcoming team.
We offer development opportunities such as the LEO (Leading Empowered Organisation) course, in-house training and leadership development course.
You will get a dedicated practice facilitator within the department to support your career growth alongside initiatives such as talent for all conversations and Professional Nurse Advocate training opportunities. Please note, this post is not suitable for those who are required to complete their OSCE training programme. We are unable to accept applicants who do not have a current valid UK NMC PIN number. This is not the PRN number from the NMC. This post may close early due to high numbers of applications so you are advised to apply promptly.
All correspondence for this vacancy will be sent by email please check your account regularly including your Junk and SPAM areas. A great and friendly place to work, so bring your passion, commitment and expertise and enjoy the opportunities to make a difference every day. #JoinTeamEliot Main duties of the job
To work as a team member within the Accident and Emergency department and deliver high quality care to all patients.
Responsible for the assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of nursing care for a specified group of patients as delegated by senior nursing staff, involving patients and carers where appropriate.About us
Here at George Eliot our vision to 'excel at patient care'
takes centre stage. An ever evolving clinically-led acute service provider we are on a journey to continually provide high quality, safe and responsive services delivered by inspiring, friendly and compassionate staff who share our corporate values which underpin everything we do. Our values are not just words on a piece of paper, they bond us together, reflect our ambition and shape who we are: E
ffective Open Communication
cellence and safety in everything we do C
hallenge but support E
xpect respect and dignity L
ocal health that inspires confidence
Benefits: Our benefits include but are not limited to: On-site nursery, 27 days minimum annual leave plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme, flexible working, extensive in-house course learning directory, buying and selling of annual leave, subsidised restaurant, tranquillity garden and generous subsidised on-site parking.
We offer a friendly environment and provide support in your clinical development giving you the opportunity to work for an organisation supporting its local community.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Responsible for the assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of nursing care for a specified group of patients as delegated by senior nursing staff, involving patients and carers where appropriate.
Acts as a team leader, delegating appropriate tasks and supervising the standard of care delivered by unqualified staff and learner nurses in the ward team.
Deliver a high standard of nursing care without direct supervision, based upon a sound evidence base.
Undertakes and documents a comprehensive, systematic and accurate nursing assessment of the physical, social and spiritual needs of the patient where appropriate.
Creates and utilizes opportunities to promote health and well-being of patients in their care.
Manage a group of patients throughout a shift as delegated by nurse in charge.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further details.Person SpecificationExperience and KnowledgeEssential
- Able to demonstrate clinical knowledge, skills and expertise
- Demonstrate the use of evidence based practice in a care setting
- Demonstrates the awareness and impact of clinical governance
- Critical analytical skills
- Knowledge and application of NMC Code of Conduct
- Experience within Accident and Emergency setting
Qualifications & TrainingEssential Desirable
- Evidence of Research or Clinical Audit
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Post Graduate Qualification / Evidence of Continuous professional development
- Evidence of teaching/supporting others
- Ability to have positive working relationships
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet required deadlines
- Experience of using evidence based practice
- To be able to assist patients to move using appropriate aids on a frequent basis
- To be able to transport patients using wheelchair/trolley or bed on a frequent basis - this will occur for short periods frequently throughout a normal shift and will require moderate effort
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to motivate self/ others
- Good organisational skills
- Shift working required
- Flexible to meet changing needs of the Trust
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective Open Communication
- Excellence and safety in all that we do
- Challenge but support
- Expect respect and dignity
- Local healthcare that inspires confidence
George Eliot Hospital NHS TrustAddress
George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.