We are seeking to appoint an experienced and highly motivated individual who will lead and coordinate the training of psychological therapies across Bath North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire mental health services. It is an exciting time of development for the division as it works towards delivering the aspirations of the long term plan and NHS-England's vision for the implementation of an increase in psychological professionals. As a result, the post holder will have real opportunity to shape the training delivery as well as being part of divisional planning and decision making about the delivery, implementation of training for psychological professionals.
The post is based across Bath, North East Somerset and Wiltshire.Main duties of the job
Prospective candidates must demonstrate considerable knowledge and experience of CBT as well as knowledge of family interventions. Ideally, candidates will have a track record in supervising and training others in CBT and CBT informed approaches also. They will also have excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills as well as an ability to show intuition and innovation in practice.
You will be responsible for the development, organisation and delivery of a programme of training to support the aspirations of the Community Service Transformation and Long term plan in BSW around increasing psychological therapies provision. The post will include directly managing a small training team as well as liaising with locality and team leaders and regional delivery partners to include service partner leads, HEE, NHS-E and University colleagues so previous strategic experience would be preferable.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our divisional team and to work collaboratively with a range of teams and services.About us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care.
We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Candidates are pleased asked to read the attached job description for further information about the roles and responsibilities.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Doctorate in Clinical or Counselling Psychology
- Registered with the HCPC
- Advanced specialist clinical training in CBT
- Teaching qualification
- Leadership/ management training
- Specialist training evaluation skills
- BABCP accreditation
- Substantial relevant post qualification experience in secondary care mental health
- Experience of work across service settings and agencies.
- Clinical audit work/ research experience in specialist area.
- Teaching/training with own staff group and other professions at expert level.
- Experience of clinical supervision with all grades of staff and with other professions
- Expert knowledge of specialist therapeutic interventions. Extensive experience with the client group.
- Familiarity with all aspects of clinical governance.
- Publications in specialist area.
- Awareness of key strategic areas and implications for psychological therapy services.
- Advanced skills in training and facilitating groups
ADDITIONAL CRITERIA (for positive action)Essential
- Skills in Quality Improvement methodology
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Empathy for individuals who have experienced mental health problems and ability to cope with behaviour which may be challenging at times.
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Bath NHS House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.