Do you have a background or interest in neurology and / or epilepsy? Are you passionate about delivering high standards of care and support to patients and their family/ carers?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated registered nurse to join the established epilepsy specialist nurses at ESNEFT based at Colchester Hospital.
We are looking for a confident, hard-working, innovative registered nurse who is a team player with the ability to develop and continue collaborative working relationships with other healthcare professionals, services and agencies.
We are a dynamic team of nurses that strive to deliver high standards of specialist care for patients with epilepsy. We have a wealth of experience in the team to support you and we will welcome your skills and experience.
You will be supported to build on the skills and knowledge that you already possess and provided with opportunities to develop both clinically and professionally.
You will be given specialist training and work with the existing epilepsy nurse specialists, neurologists as well as the wider multi-disciplinary team, for the benefit of people with epilepsy.
Please note this is a fixed term/ secondment role until 31st March 2024. Internal candidates will be offered a secondment position only. Main duties of the job
- To provide an expert service that promotes professional nursing practice, and to have a central role in providing information, education, and support to people with epilepsy and their support networks.
- Provide timely support for newly diagnosed people with epilepsy, in line with local and national guidelines.
- To provide people with an information and care-planning session that includes emotional wellbeing and self-management strategies, whilst promoting inclusion and participation.
- To work towards carrying out nurse led clinics (under direct and indirect Band 7 and consultant supervision) in order to provide people with epilepsy and their carers, regular assessment of their epilepsy, medication management advice and support regarding their condition and its associated symptoms.
One of the largest Trusts in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of almost 12,000 amazing colleagues providing care to approximately a million people.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, unsocial hours payments (if applicable), 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a variety of services. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience leading teams
- Clinical expertise
- Evidence of managing and improving the patient experience
- Evidence of involvement in research and audit
- Evidence of teaching/assessing
- Registered Nurse First Level
- Post registration qualification relevant to area up to post graduate diploma level
- ILS certificate as relevant to the area
- Nursing / Management degree
- Sound evidence of clinical ability
- Articulates understanding role of Band 6
- Articulates understanding of prioritising clinical issues
- Provides evidence of ability to make changes in nursing practice
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good organisational skills
- Good people skills
- Time management and prioritisation skills
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.