Luton Community Mental Health Team (North)
This is an established post into the Luton Community Mental Health Team Structure. The post will complement the current structure of consultant and trainee psychiatrists within the community mental health teams covering Bedfordshire and Luton.
Luton community mental health teams are undergoing a process of redesign in line with the national community mental health transformation programme in order to focus on providing prompt assessment and intervention at the point of need within a new primary care-linked assessment service.
The post holder will support the multidisciplinary/multiagency team in the management of patients with mental health needs not on CPA and those patients subject to CPA, as envisaged in relevant NICE Guidance (at present). The post-holder will work with an MDT/multiagency including pharmacy, psychology, social work, CPN colleagues, VCSE colleagues and trainees. Post holder will clinically lead the Team, overseeing the delivery of care under CPA and non-CPA, for a cohort of patients registered with certain primary care clinical networks.Main duties of the job
The post-holder will: Provide consultant leadership to the Luton CMHT North team. Provide comprehensive assessment, diagnosis and management of issues relating to mental and physical health for adults with acute and severe mental illness in the community (over 18 years) so that intensive and timely treatment can be delivered to prevent chronicity and dependency on psychiatric services. Attend and be the clinical leader of weekly MDT meetings, supported by the team operational lead. Provide clinical advice and guidance to primary care physicians to manage patients in the least restrictive environment Undertake all work in the context of the recovery approach which is emphasised across the Trust, placing the service user at the centre of planning and decision making. Fulfil Responsibilities as a Psychiatrist approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act 1983, where relevant. The service has a KPI targets and a requirement to meet them. The post holder will work with the Team manager to ensure the targets are met. Provide support and training to other health care professionals and support service users through the care pathway as required Lead on the delivery of high quality care in all settings and be mindful of quality targets set by the Trust and those set nationally. Develop the service with a view to achieving HTAS accreditation at the earliest opportunity. About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
PLEASE VIEW A SHORT VIDEO FOUND IN THE ATTACHMENTS TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MEDICAL PSYCHIATRIST CAREERS IN LUTON AND BEDFORDSHIRE,Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see JD (Job Description) and PS (Personal Specification) for full details of role requirements. JD Pending RC ApprovalPerson SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Fully registered with the General Medical Council
- Eligible for inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register (or Specialist Registrar within 6 months of gaining CCT at time of interview).
- Membership or Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualification (in accordance with Royal College of Psychiatrists guidelines)
- Eligible for Section 12 Approval (Mental Health Act )/ Approved Clinician or willing to apply for such approval once in post
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCEEssential
- A higher degree such as MD or PhD
- Experience of clinical work in Acute Adult Psychiatry at SpR, SASG or consultant level within the last 3 years
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of the application of the Mental Health Act
ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS/ ABILITIESEssential
- Experience of service development and introducing new services in mental health
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work as a part of multidisciplinary, multi-model team
- Ability to manage complex workloads and support others to do that
RESEARCH AND AUDITEssential
- Formal leadership and management training
- Experience of team /service leadership
- Experience of research work, especially in general hospital patients and / or patients with medically unexplained symptoms
- Audit experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of grant-funded project work
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals in relevant academic fields
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.