This is an exciting opportunity for a HCPC registered practitioner psychologist who has the experience and enthusiasm to apply their skills in the East and Southampton Community Learning Disability Service, working across our bases in Fareham and Southampton City.
A permanent, 0.8 position is available however there is room to consider full or part time working for the right applicant. Please specify what your preference is in your statement.
The post-holder will offer a psychological service for adults with learning disabilities who have specialist health needs and work closely with their families and carers. Services provided will include specialist psychological assessment, intervention, advice and consultation on clients' psychological care to a wide range of stakeholders. Supervision and CPD are high priorities for the service. The post-holder would be able to work with a diverse, adult client group with MDT working together to produce the best outcomes for service-users.
The post holder will work closely with a Consultant Clinical Psychologist, 8a Clinical Psychologists, Art Therapists, Assistant Psychologists, Trainee Psychologists, and the wider multi-disciplinary team. Applicants should have line management and supervisory experience. The service has a strong commitment to Clinical Psychology Training and we have close links with the University of Southampton Doctoral training programme.Main duties of the job
The post-holder is a member of the multi-professional team. As a senior clinician, with a good level of clinical experience and post-qualification training, the post-holder will provide a high level of expertise across the Community Learning Disability Service.
Working with the senior management team, clinical staff to take a direct delivery of the range of psychological consultations, assessments, and interventions in line with the current evidence base and best practice. To ensure the appropriate delivery of assessment, interventions and outcomes for people and their families and carers who require the Community Learning Disability services within Southampton and East Hampshire.About us
Are you committed to providing remarkable care and service?Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference every day?We want to meet you!
Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities. We are committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect through our 6,500 strong workforce.
Southern Health has over 300 sites across the county and we serve 1.5 million people throughout all stages of their lives. Our aim is to work alongside the people we support (and our health and care partners) to deliver the best possible care and constantly improve.
Here at SHFT we have so much to be proud of:
- Working as a team and supporting each other, we put patients and our staff at the heart of everything we do.
- We have a skilled and diverse workforce and are committed to our staff development, offering bespoke training packages, leadership pathways and career opportunities.
- We offer a variety of benefits such as an amazing pension scheme, generous annual leave, Childcare Choices scheme, many discounts (Blue Light card, The Company Shop, NHS Staff Discounts, cycle to work scheme) and much more.
Come to work with us, together we will provide outstanding treatment and care to improve lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.
We are happy to talk Flexible Working - all requests for flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Doctoral level training in psychology, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology, as accredited by the BPS.
- Non-Clinical Psychologists must be able to demonstrate competencies in the above
- Registered with the Health Professions Council as a Practitioner Psychologist.
- Car Driver, with access to a vehicle for business travel.
Southern Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
7 The Potteries
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.