We are looking for Registered Operating Department Practitioners or Nurse Theatre Practitioners to join our Orthopaedic Theatre family at the Royal Derby Hospital. Preferably with Orthopaedic experience, but not essential as training will be given.
The suite comprises of 8 operating theatres offering all aspects of orthopaedic and trauma work, including robotics and spine.
The successful candidates will become integral to the multidisciplinary team in a busy and supportive environment, and will be able to confidently assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
If you are passionate about shaping and developing the patient care of the future and excited about working within a fast-moving, forward-thinking environment, then this would be the ideal position for you. We welcome applications from all motivated and dedicated individuals.
We offer yearly mandatory training, in-house training and have a brilliant Clinical Education Team . Other training can also be arranged at the manager's discretion.
You must be physically able to work and support others.Main duties of the job
The role requires the individual to work within our multidisciplinary team providing high quality, individualised, perioperative patient care within the remit of Trust policies and procedures, with an opportunity to develop and extend skills across a variety of orthopaedic surgery specialities.
The post holder is expected to maintain their professional/essential development within the scope of their individual appraisal and according to service needs.
The department also facilitates a wide variety of learners and there is a desirability for the post holder to support/mentor them as appropriate.
Our Orthopaedic Theatre department covers a wide variety of exciting opportunities for a motivated, compassionate, and professional theatre practitioner to provide high quality patient care whilst working as part of our multidisciplinary team.
There is an on call, weekend and Bank Holiday commitment as part of the general emergency team. Closing date of applications: 21st September 2023 Interview date: 5th October 2023About us
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A& Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
- Ability to Evaluate own Strengths and Development needs
- Training Experience
- Planning Patient Care
- Theatre Experience
- Experience of theatres , especially Ortho, spines and trauma
- Analytical Judgement - Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Communication / Relation Skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- enthusiasm for providing quality patient care
- Recognises importance of MDT
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Derby Hospital
Uttoxeter New Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.