Estates Manager (Operations) - Electrical & Medical Gases
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Estates, the post holder will be responsible for maintaining a strategic compliance road map and plans towards full Estates compliance. You will be expected to be self-motivated and take the lead in analysing risks across wide ranging operational regulations and pro-actively develop and roll out appropriate mitigation measures and plans and ensuring all appropriate policies and procedures are developed and regularly updated.
As an experienced Estates Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for co-ordinating, monitoring and managing Estates' compliance in regards to Electrical & Medical Gases
etc, recording/documentation systems, standard operating procedures and staff legislative training requirements, in particular giving significant practical support to Estates' Authorised Persons (APs), the Associate Director of Estates and Hospital Reconfiguration and the respective Heads of Operational and Capital Estates in the course of their duties.
The successful applicant will have a positive can do attitude and be able to demonstrate flexibility and initiative, providing team leadership and co-ordination to achieve a high standard of productivity and workmanship in the most cost effective manner.Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for monitoring and managing the compliance against current and forthcoming equality, health, safety, environmental and other estates-related statutory and mandatory legislation and DH guidance, of the hard FM estate, infrastructure, specialist services (water, energy, waste, medical air / gases), recording / documentation systems, Policies and staff training. This may include Medical Engineering Services (MES) as part of future service development.
- To act as Executive Secretary for the various Estates H& S, Risk and HTM Specialist Committees, ensuring timely collation and preparation of papers. To provide regular assurance reports for Trust Committees including the Infection Prevention Committee, Operational Risk Group and the Health, Safety, Security and Fire Committee.
- To act as the Trust's Responsible Person for asbestos plus other AP duties as agreed.
- To coordinate the Trust's implementation of the Premises Assurance Model (or similar) and ensuring the accuracy and auditability of data held within CAFM systems, asset registers and departmental IT systems.
- To be the primary point of contact for staff (and relevant external bodies) requiring advice on Estatesrelated compliance within the Trust.
- To support and drive the Lord Carter productivity and efficiency improvement initiative for Estates by producing performance reports and, supporting and encouraging a continuous improvement approach
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust can offer you great career prospects and a fantastic lifestyle. Situated in one of the most attractive parts of the country with dramatic countryside and bustling towns, the Trust is about to embark on a major capital investment programme (up to �312m) to upgrade its estate and create state of the art medical facilities, and has a culture of supportive friendly teams, providing excellent professional NHS job development opportunities.
The Trust has a vision for the future that puts the patient at the heart of everything we do and is guided by the principles and values about which we care deeply. In line with this vision, the Estates Directorate are seeking a highly committed professional to join our team.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor more detailed information, including a list of job duties and main responsibilities, please see the Job Description and Personal Specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Desirable Knowledge, behaviours and experienceEssential
- Degree level education in relevant discipline (e.g. Estates or H& S related) plus experience to Master's level
- Health and Safety IOSH Managing Safely or, NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Full driving licence.
- Significant experience of a large Estates operation.
- Experience of building and engineering services, preferably in an NHS Estates environment.
- Knowledge of Estates compliance recording systems.
- Experience of working as a Compliance Manager in a highly complex organisation.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety in an Estates environment and also of DH Guidance e.g. Healthcare Technical Memoranda and Health Building Notes
- Able to deal with multiple highly complex issues, data manipulation and interpretation. The ability to present such information in an understandable format.
- The ability to remain calm and confident in potentially confrontational environments.
- Team Player
- Committed to Continuous Professional Development
- To demonstrate behaviours in line with Trust Values.
- Experience of CAFM systems
- Specialist knowledge and experience of Healthcare Waste management.
- Knowledge of management of budgets and SFIs in the public sector.
Specific Job RequirementsEssential
- Good usage of IT e.g. Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Work on own Initiative, with good organisational skills and decision making abilities
- Excellent communication skills - at all levels of an Organisation, including preparing and giving engaging presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - building successful relationships and dealing with influential internal stakeholders
- Clear, concise report writing skills.
- Problem solving abilities with a positive, empowering approach
- Ability to self-manage workload
- Able to access and work in potentially confined areas and at height (e.g. using step ladders and ladders and, working on roof areas).
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Respond flexibly to competing and urgent demands.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital - Estates Department
Mytton Oak Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.