We are looking for a Mental Health Nurse to join our supportive and well-established Community Mental Health Team to deliver high standards of care for working aged adults in the community.
The successful candidate will receive an excellent Induction Programme and Preceptorship Programme for newly qualified nurses. The team is a fully integrated health and social care provider enabling a multidisciplinary approach with decision making, care delivery and staff support.
This position is based at the Bridlington site and occasional working into the Driffield base may be required.Main duties of the job
As a Community Nurse, you will work within an integrated team alongside Adult Social Care staff, Specialist Mental Health Nurses, Registered Nursing Associate, Support workers, Occupational Therapist, Clinical Psychologist and Consultant Psychiatrist.
As a care coordinator / key worker you will provide support and interventions to working aged adults to promote mental health recovery.Establishing therapeutic relationships with service users and their family / carers.
- Develop and deliver recovery focused care in collaboration with service users and their family /carers.
- Provide information and psychoeducation surrounding mental health conditions and medication.
- Uphold legal frameworks which underpin service delivery.
- Assess risks, the management of risks and effectiveness of interventions.
- Signposting / referral to external services when required.
- Develop good working relationships with neighbouring teams to enable effective co-working and responsive transfers of care if necessary.
- Act as duty officer on a rota basis.
We are anaward winning and CQC rated good, health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale & Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of patients and service users.
To find out about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You'll join our team of over 3600 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialities to change lives daily. We're extremely proud of our Trust community, knowing you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and promotes equality whilst challenging discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information for this vacancy please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- Have current NMC registration or student registration if in final year of training at application.
- Degree/diploma in Mental Health Nursing
- Evidence of recent CPD and/or formal qualifications at an advanced level e.g. degree or post graduate level or equivalent knowledge/experiential learning
- Full understanding of relevant policy, drivers and their application to clinical and service area.
- Willingness to undertake and complete preceptorship facilitating the transition for newly qualified nurse booklet and core competency development programme.
- Undertaken practice assessor and supervisor training or willing to complete this.
- Demonstrable experience of practice assessor / supervisor for pre-registration students
- Able to demonstrate effective inter-personal/communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate ethical values and attitudes within a culture of equality and diversity.
- Awareness of leadership/management skills and qualities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to efficiently transport self and any required equipment required for care to multiple patients homes/venues in the course of a day.
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bridlington and Driffield Community Mental Health Team
Crystal Villa, 15 St Johns Avenue
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.