Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
NELFT provides award winning community and mental healthcare for over 2 million people. We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
We are committed to the delivering thebest care
for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a band 5 Clinical Phlebotomy Lead to join our NELF T BHR community phlebotomy team. We are looking to recruit an experienced Phlebotomist to provide effective lead management to the phlebotomy service of clinic-based / domiciliary settings within Havering. We require staff who can consistently deliver a client-focused service which promotes good customer service and effective working relationships. The successful applicant must always promote a positive image, display good leadership and communicate effectively with patients, carers and other members team.Main duties of the job
We currently run phlebotomy clinics in Barking & Dagenham (B& D), Redbridge and Havering so now would be an exciting time to join us!
As an employee of NELFT, you will receive the following benefits:
- Excellent working environments in a mix of state of the art and historic buildings
- A long-standing and award-winning approach to Equality and Diversity with supportive networks for ethnic minority staff, staff with disabilities and LGBT staff
- Staff Benefits including NHS Pension, childcare vouchers, a salary sacrifice car scheme, the MyTrustBenefits discount scheme, cycle scheme and Annual Leave Sale / Purchase scheme, trade union membership and a range of ambassadorial roles
- A focus on staff health and wellbeing featuring subsidised gym membership, access to Mindfulness, walking groups and other wellbeing support.
We have signed the skills pledge and are an accredited Improving Working Lives organisation. We are committed to staff development and offer opportunities which include a wide range of training options and an active Quality Improvement ProgrammeAbout usCOVID-19 Vaccination
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.Probationary Period
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,313 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata).Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesEqual opportunities employer
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity, are Disability Confident and therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community, people of all protected characteristics.
Your responsibilities will include managing the day to day provision of phlebotomy services that is open 7 days per week, line manage senior phlebotomists and band 3 phlebotomists as well as represent phlebotomy services at relevant meetings/ key stakeholders.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. Correspondence with us
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post. In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, NELFT reserves the right to close the vacancy early. If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date then please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. Applicant requirements
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent standard of literacy and numeracy
- Accredited Qualification in Venepuncture
- Basic First Aid Qualification
- Educated to degree level or equivalent knowledge and skills
- Experience of line managing and training junior staff
- Experience of overseeing/ managing health services
- Experience of Phlebotomy including Domiciliary experience
- Change management experience
- An awareness of NHS working and priorities
- Knowledge of infection prevention control
- Understanding and application of Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Data Protection and Equal Opportunities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To be aware and demonstrate the Trust Values
- Has a UK drivers licence and able to travel efficiently throughout the area
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Raphael House - Romford
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.