The All Wales Adult Cystic Fibrosis Service has an extensive and expandingresearch portfolio with the recent addition of early phase clinical trials. There are currently > 350 adult CF patients within the service and the research team is expanding to meet the expansion needs of the research team and portfolio. In addition to the research team, there is a large multidisciplinary team. The team work closely and support each other to deliver high quality specialist patient care.
Our values guide the way we work and the way we behave with others. Post holders will be expected at all times to behave in accordance with our values demonstrating commitment to the delivery of high quality services to patients.
This post is fixed term/secondment for 12 months to meet the needs of the service.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
The post will contribute to the assessment and management of the carepathways for patients and carers participating in clinical trials. This willinclude the recruitment, education, monitoring of trial patients, thecollection and documentation of accurate data.
The post holder will be working with Lead Nurses and multidisciplinaryteams within the Cystic Fibrosis Service as well as the wider researchteams assisting with the management of a caseload of clinical trialspatients.
The post holder will assess and carry out clinical procedures forpatients/participants and will be considered part of the clinical teamduring the participants involvement of the study. Implementing aprogramme of care, providing advice and will maintain records withinvarious settings.
As part of the Research and Development team within the CysticFibrosis Service the post holder will contribute to the efficient set up anddelivery of research within the service contributing to the performancemetrics set for the UHB.About us
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission is Caring for People, Keeping People Well, and our vision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiff and the Vale offers the best of both worlds.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualifications and/or knowledgeEssential
- Registered Nurse - Current registration with NMC
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Specialist knowledge of research legislation, GCP and National Framework or equivalent demonstrable knowledge within the appropriate site
- Ability to practice within the scope of the NMC professional code
- Ability to make independent decisions and advise others on appropriate action
- Knowledge of clinical and/or research terminology
- Evidence of previous patient/client and Multi-Disciplinary Team contact within work environment.
- Experience of undertaking clinical research and/or extensive clinical experience in a specific area
- Recent experience at Senior Band 5 level in a relevant clinical area
- Project management
- Positive attitude and respect for others
- Drive, enthusiasm and commitment to the organisation
Aptitude and abilitiesEssential
- Ability to travel within geographical area
- Flexible approach to work
- On call system in place
- Shift patterns
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to communicate complex information to patients/carers/members of MDT
- Team player whilst possessing ability to work independently
- Well organised and able to plan own workload
Cardiff and Vale University Health BoardAddress
University Hospital Llandough - All Wales Adult Cystic Fibrosis Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.