Occupational Health and Wellbeing Nurse Advisor - Permanent
We have a vacancy available for a qualified nurse who would like to join the Occupational Health and Wellbeing Team to specialise in this area.
The successful applicant will be required to follow a training and development framework to ensure that competencies are achieved to be able to deliver the full expectations of the role.
The Successful applicant will be mainly based at Royal Lancaster Infirmary, but may be required to work at the other Occupational health units across the trust
Occupational Health Nurses provide essential core services to the trust including pre-employment clearances, immunisations and vaccinations, health surveillance, risk assessments, health promotion & sickness absence support.Main duties of the job
To provide, with the Occupational Health and Wellbeing team an Occupational Health service for all staff of University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust, other customers and service users within agreed policies and procedures.
- The post holder will, in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team, provide a full Occupational Health and Wellbeing nursing service, carrying out duties in line with agreed standard operating procedures and protocols, supporting the maintenance of Safe Effective Quality Occupational Health Service(SEQOHS) standards and acting in accordance with Trust values at all times.
- To support the head of department in delivering high standard of service user care.
- To undertake pre-employment health assessment for service users.
- To assist in carrying effective immunisation programmes and vaccination storage within Department of Health (DOH) and OH policy guidelines.
- To provide a visible accessible and approachable presence within the clinical area providing and offering advice and support to all service users.
- To maintain confidentiality and accurately record written entries.
- To give appropriate advice following blood borne virus exposure incidents and ensure correct follow up action is completed.
- To provide listening support to service users in an emotionally distressed state
- Supporting the Trusts Influenza and Covid vaccination campaign
Please see person specification and Job description for further detailsAbout us
We operate from three main hospitals - Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community health care premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threatening conditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitals provide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading.
You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our website https://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- 1st level Registered Nurse
- Immunisation and Vaccination Training
- Relevant qualification/study in Occupational Health
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualified clinical experience
- Last 2 years working in Occupational Health
Skills, Ability and KnowledgeEssential
- Previous experience within Occupational Health
- Knowledge of the role of Occupational Health
- Worked with Cority
- Working knowledge of OH law and relevant legislation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel as required
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS TrustAddress
Royal Lancaster Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.