An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Community Nursing Team in Westminster. The base location for this position is South Westminster Centre for Health. Westminster is a diverse, vibrant, and exciting place to work. There are excellent transport networks for easy access to the health Centre. The nearest underground stations are London Victoria, St James' Park, Pimlico, and Westminster Stations.Your role will be to provide clinical Leadership and Management of the designated DN team. This post is permanent and Fulltime.
We in Central London are passionate about the delivery of good quality care and the delivery of a progressive service. This is your chance to be a Team Leader in Central London and to help support the delivery of good quality care, to motivate and develop staff as they progress in their roles and career and to be part of a Trust where we want to continuously improve and learn.
We are highly committed to providing the best possible experience to the people we serve. To do that, we will support you to be the best that you can in your role and will support your continued development and career progression. You will have access to the CLCH Academy, providing opportunities for continued development, research, supervision, and mentoring.
You must have NMC registration with the specialist practitioner qualification in District Nursing.Main duties of the job
- To lead and manage a community nursing team, taking overall responsibility for the assessment, management and evaluation of evidence based nursing care to patients in a variety of community settings, during the hours of 0830 and 2100 hours.
- To promote effective teamwork within the wider Primary Health Care Team, delegating activities appropriately, to the benefit of the patient.
- To monitor the quality of care provision and to identify and promote areas for service development.
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description for full list of responsibilities Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- To provide skilled, effective and evidence based nursing care to patients with complex care needs, including chronic diseases, in a variety of community settings
- To take continued responsibility for the assessment, planning, evaluation and implementation of nursing care to individuals, groups of patients and their families, delegating activities as appropriate
- To take overall responsibility for coordinating complex health funded packages of care
- To act as the patients advocate and to facilitate the patients own choices with regard to nursing care, and when appropriate promote independence and self care
- To maintain accurate, systematic and timely records, as appropriate, in the patients own home, the office, the GP practice and other required places
- To work in a collaborative manner with Primary Care staff, Acute services, Social Services and other agencies to ensure a seamless delivery of care
- To provide information and support to patients, relatives and other carers that promotes and optimises positive health
- To have knowledge of, and be able to effectively use, available resources
- To ensure the safe handling of body fluids and contaminated sharps in personal practice and within the Team
- To undertake nurse prescribing and to ensure that other duties in relation to medicines management meet required professional and TRUST standards
- To have specialist nursing skills such as compression bandaging, Doppler assessment, syringe driver set-up.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- RGN / RN
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in District Nursing
- Evidence of post-registration education and training
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
South Westminster Centre for Health
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.