We are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Project lead for End of life care to join our established Palliative care team. This is a fixed term contract / secondment open to Nurses and Allied Health Care professionals.
This post is key in order to continue implementing quality improvements in the provision of End of Life Care, for patients and their loved ones, ensuring patient and care experiences are enhanced in order to achieve the best care in the right place.
You will need to demonstrate experience working in Palliative care and End of life Care setting, with excellent communication, organisational and leadership skills.Main duties of the job
- To plan, organise, manage and deliver agreed end of life care initiatives across the trust.
- To lead on the improvements required by external bodies as part of the quality improvement work-stream
- To work closely with all healthcare professionals to enable them to continually evaluate and improve their practice for patients identified as end of life.
- To work in collaboration with other stake holders, to promote and improve the standards of end of life care across North East Essex and Ipswich and East Suffolk.
- Represent the trust internally and externally in initiatives that will assist with reducing admissions to secondary care and improve communication to facilitate timely effective discharges.
- To manage the Butterfly coordinators and oversee the Butterfly Sitting and Centre Service
One of the largest Trusts in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of almost 12,000 amazing colleagues providing care to approximately a million people.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, unsocial hours payments (if applicable), 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a variety of services. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- oFirst degree in a relevant subject (or equivalent)
- oRN with a current NMC registration / Recognised teaching qualification
- oExperience/qualification in Palliative Care
- oProven post-registration experience
- oExpert knowledge of standards and tools in End of Life Care and conversant in best practice
- oAdvanced decision making skills that reflect a patient focus
- oEvidence of leading change management
- oClinical leadership
- oProject management or change management experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAble to work on own initiative and prioritise own workload
- oLeadership skills that are capable of establishing direction and purpose and lead others within a complex organisational structure
- oAbility to work in partnership at all levels both within the organisation and with key stakeholders and groups across professional and inter-agency boundaries.
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.