Working in conjunction with the Section Heads in the Microbiology laboratory and the Quality Team to maintain and develop the quality control testing performed by the Microbiology section.Main duties of the job
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deputising for the Section Head (Microbiology), and Team Manager QC External Services
- Supervising and undertaking of physical environmental monitoring and QC testing services for:
- Qualifying and on-going validation of pharmaceutical manufacturing and aseptic preparation facilities
- Commissioning and re-qualifying of medical gas pipeline systems in accordance with the HTM 02/01
- Providing direction to Clients in matters of environmental monitoring and general microbiology
- Assisting the Section Heads in overseeing the performance of the facility, equipment and processes via the use of electronic monitoring and trending systems
Note: the post requires some work off-site at healthcare departments in Merseyside & Cheshire transporting heavy equipment so a current driving licence is essential.About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click herehttps://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities To deputise for the Section Head (Microbiology) & Team Manager QC External services as necessary, ensuring the continuing smooth running of the section. To carry out highly specialist environmental monitoring activities. To supervise the staff working within the Microbiology Department. To assist the Microbiology Department leads in assuring the service is adequately resourced and delivered to budget. To assist in developing the service and maintain regulatory compliance6. 6. To participate in the Laboratory work roster to perform routine Laboratory testing as required under the direction of the Section Head (Microbiology). To deal with technical enquiries from customers relevant to the service and provide advice on microbiological monitoring: To assist in department staff training and development and take part in training and development programmes for other staff such as the delivery of lectures and workshops Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Microbiology, Pharmaceutical Science or closely related subject.
- Eligible for membership of Pharmaceutical Society, Society of Biology/Chemistry
- Full driving licence
- MSc, or other relevant higher qualification
- Demonstrable previous analytical experience in a quality control testing laboratory with involvement in microbiological and physical monitoring
- Experience of working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulated environment
- Experience of auditing and self-inspection to meet pharmaceutical regulatory requirements
- Proven record in supervision of staff
- Specialist knowledge of pharmaceutical microbiology and associated standards
- High level specialist knowledge of physical environmental monitoring test methods in relation to clean rooms, ventilation plants and clean room devices and associated standards
- Detailed knowledge of working in an environment following the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice, Good Laboratory Practice, laboratory health and safety including COSHH
- Specialist knowledge of risk and quality management systems and their application within a laboratory environment
- Familiarity with the requirements of ISO17025 (UKAS accreditation)
- Understanding of pharmaceutical quality control testing methods and their application to medicines manufacture and preparation
- Understanding of the principles of quality assurance as applicable to medicines manufacture and preparation, and clean room testing services
- Excellent communication skills (written, listening and oral) to ensure effective communication with individuals and groups
- Ability to carry out microbiology testing accurately and precisely
- Excellent investigational and analytical skills, with an ability to deal with complex facts and situations requiring interpretation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with an ability to plan and schedule complex activities
- Able to cope with conflict and handle difficult situations with a calm disposition
- Able to concentrate for prolonged periods while dealing with interruptions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible approach to work and tasks. Keenness to learn and adapt to new methods of working
- Flexible to working outside of normal working hours (if required)
- Able to adhere to the gowning requirements for pharmaceutical clean rooms. Able to manually handle clean room testing and medical gas testing equipment. Able to work in enclosed spaces e.g. plant rooms, service ducts and voids
- Well-motivated with an innate desire to achieve excellence in all work situations
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Quality Control North West Liverpool
3rd Floor, 70 Pembroke Place
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.