Are you an enthusiastic experienced Occupational Therapist with a passion for providing and developing high quality care in a community setting? We may have the opportunity you are looking for. Exciting opportunities are now available to join Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust to work in Pennine Physical Health Services as a Band 6 Specialist Occupational Therapist within the Community Rehabilitation Team to cover a maternity leave for 12 months.
The team includes Occupational Therapists, Falls Specialist OT, assistant practitioners, technical Instructor's and community rehabilitation assistants. We work with the wider multidisciplinary team to support long term rehabilitation with patients in their own home's to support increase or maintain their independence. We attend weekly Integrated Neighbourhood Team meetings to support navigate referrals to the correct services with health, social care and voluntary sector partners.
Your role will involve assessing patients, planning treatment and coordinating support and equipment to meet the patient's needs. Using your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will develop excellent working relationships with a range of health, care and community partners and expertly attend multi-disciplinary team meetings to ensure patients achieve positive outcomes.
We are looking for enthusiastic, compassionate, motivated and creative individuals who can join our vibrant team.Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for the assessment, treatment, planning and delivery of evidence -based rehabilitation interventions.
- Provide clinical triage and support the management of patient demand through the system-discharging appropriately.
- To undertake comprehensive assessment of patients with complex presentations, using investigative and analytical skills, to formulate an appropriate hypothesis and to determine a diagnosis and appropriate management plan
- To establish individualised management and treatment plans, using clinical reasoning and utilising a wide range of evidence based treatment skills and options to formulate highly specialised interventions and programmes of care, which may include working with staff across organisational boundaries.
- To promote health and reduce inequalities for all patients accessing the service, so that they may be able to maximise their potential in terms of health education and social well-being.
- Contribute to clinical leadership and supervision facilitating a culture of learning and reflective practice within physiotherapy.
- Document and evidence patient outcomes
- To lead/contribute to training and development programmes as appropriate to the knowledge and skills of the individual, delivering to other professionals both within and outside the NHS and service users.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Degree or equivalent Current professional registration with HPC as an Occupational Therapist and responsibility for maintaining this registration Evidence of CPD in related field of clinical expertise.
- Include where appropriate:- Understanding of clinical governance framework and implications for practice including audit and research governance In-depth understanding of current NHS/government policy/Public Health/NICE guidelines on organisational change and ability to adapt these appropriately to local service needs through publication of documents Knowledge and appreciation of lone working risks policy and procedure Change management skills Excellent time management skills
- Treatment of a broad range of conditions relating to clinical speciality Demonstrable evidence of improving and developing service and practice Evidence of leading and implementing clinical change Supervision and/or mentoring of staff/students Multi-disciplinary/multi-agency collaborative working Highly advanced and specialised practice skills in field of expertise working with adults
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to communicate highly complex pathologies and diagnostic reasoning to all levels in the medical and non-medical field at the appropriate level Sound knowledge of problem solving and ability to gain patient confidence and co-operation Show initiative, enthusiasm and motivation for excellence and the development of self and others Sound understand of Safeguarding agenda including MCA and DOLS Problem solving /Decision making in relation to clinical practice Able to work independently Demonstrating good leadership skills Demonstrable team worker Developing and providing health education and information in range of formats as appropriate for wide range of stakeholders Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills both written and verbal Ability to analyse and interpret data/complex evidence and apply to practice Good competent IT knowledge including ability to use range of Microsoft office products to fulfil role (e.g. Word and Excel)
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
BwD Community Rehab Service (C)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.