An exciting opportunity has arisen to join mental health services in Powys Teaching Health Board (PTHB) within Older Persons Mental health Services (OPMHS).
We are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated Registered Nurse to work on Tawe Ward, Ystradgynlais Community Hospital which is a 10 bedded acute assessment unit for older adults who are experiencing functional and/or cognitive difficulties. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed and innovative person to join our specialised team.
The post holder will be a senior member of the Inpatient Mental Health Team and will be responsible for the care and care coordination for a caseload of service users who are experiencing severe mental health difficulties.
We care for our patients 7 days a week, 24 hours a day so you will need to have the flexibility to take part in a full shift pattern including nights, bank holidays and weekend working.Main duties of the job
Take responsibility within the caseload for ensuring the assessment of health and social needs, formulation, planning, delivery and evaluation of care, support and treatment by the team, for both individuals and groups of service users including risk assessment and management, CTP and CTP reviews.
The post holder will need to be competent in completing CTPassessments/risk assessment and formulation and planning outcome ofassessment.
Work collaboratively across wide ranging multi-disciplinary services andagencies to provide effective delivery of health and social care, supporting a programme of recovery and social inclusion within the area.Supervise junior staff who are engaged with service users within their caseload and complete junior staff appraisals. Act as a preceptor and a mentor to newly qualified members of staff and assessor/supervisor to nursing students. You will assume line management in the absence of the Ward Manager.
Adhere to Powys Teaching Health Board Policies and Procedures in all areas of clinical practice.About us
Being the smallest Heath Board in Wales means that you won't get lost in the crowd. Everybody at Powys Teaching Health Board is valued for the contribution they make to our varied and diverse portfolio of community-based services. Together, we can continue to make a real difference to our patients and build on our unrivalled reputation.
As a supportive and progressive employer, we actively encourage you to carve out a career with us, through a range of development pathways. We're also lucky enough to be situated in one of the most beautiful rural counties in Britain, let alone Wales! Achieving a healthy 'life work' balance is essential, and something we recognise by prioritising your well-being.
To start your journey with us, and to learn more about what we can offer you please visit: https://pthb.nhs.wales/working-for-us/. There you will find information about our benefits and values, read staff experiences and more about what our beautiful county has to offer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.Person SpecificationEnglishEssential
- Registered Mental Health Professional Nurse Knowledge of Mental Health Act, Mental Health Act Measure Wales and Mental Capacity Act (2005) Awareness of specific government/legislation pertinent to the clinical area
- Experience of multi-disciplinary and/or multi-agency working
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills Working knowledge of safeguarding procedures Able to demonstrate empathy with patients and their families/carers Demonstrate an awareness of the need for self-development Analytical and judgemental skills to enhance the decisionmaking process to resolve complex issues/situations Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- IT literacy
- Demonstrates an ability to meet Health Board Values
- Special requirements to perform in the role e.g. ability to travel within geographical area when needed Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the unit Flexible working pattern
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of Powys Teaching Health Board modernisation of services plan Evidence of post graduate study
- Experience of working within health settings Ability to support and influence change Experience of working with designated client group
- Ability to speak Welsh
Powys Teaching Health BoardAddress
Ystradgynlais Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.