We are seeking a motivated, dynamic, proactive nurse to lead our Urology Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist Team. The team work collaboratively with the Urology and Oncology multidisciplinary team to provide a robust and supportive pathway for patients diagnosed and treated with a urological cancer.
The post holder will be required to work autonomously as well as part of the immediate and larger team. Experience of nursing patients receivinganti cancer therapy is desirable. Experience of line managementresponsibilities would be beneficial.Main duties of the job
The Macmillan Urology Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will act as an autonomous, professional clinical practitioner. They will be responsible for providing specialist cancer nursing service. The aim of the post is to enhance the patient quality of life when diagnosed with urological cancer, supporting the patient, families and carers. The post holder will act as a key worker identifying the needs of this patient population using his/her expertise, clinical knowledge and interpersonal skills to support the management from diagnosis through to survivorship or transition to palliative care.About us
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are. Service
We will put our patients first Teamwork
We will work together Ambition
We will aspire to provide the best service Respect
We will act with integrityJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see full Job description and personal specification attached.
The post holder will be an autonomous practitioner proactively managing a caseload of patients. This will involve the provision of specialist advice, liaison and advocacy with appropriate Health Care Professionals across all care settings and Urological Multidisciplinary teams in other Trusts. The CNS will be expected to deliver nurse-led clinics supporting patients with urological cancer.
The post holder will work within the Urology Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist Team, alongside the Cancer Management Team, clinical colleagues in palliative care, oncology, radiology, pathology, clinical trials, to ensure personalised quality of care to the patient is maximised.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse Level 1 registered with NMC
- Speciality qualification at Masters Level or equivalent knowledge and experience (or working towards Masters)
- Palliative care, Oncology and/or Urology Qualification
- Teaching and Assessing qualification or equivalent experience
- Advanced Communication skills / Psychological level 2 training
- Demonstrate evidence of on-going continuous professional development
- Leadership qualification
- Working towards Master's qualification
- Non-Medical Prescribing or willingness to work towards
- Significant post registration experience
- Significant experience working at Band 6 working at a senior level.
- Experience in palliative /oncology and /or urological care
- Experience in developing and training staff.
- Implementation of change to improve services/patient experience.
- Evidence of involvement in Clinical Governance
- Health and Safety in relation to the speciality
- Ability to lead clinical audit
- Evidence of sound management and leadership experience
- Understanding of research and evidence based care
- Has a varied clinical background
- Risk Management and incident Investigation
- Evidence of involvement in service users' advocacy and complaints resolution.
- Project management experience.
- Good time management . Negotiation and diplomacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Empathic, compassionate manner
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highly developed, accurate and regularly reviewed physical skills appropriate to the speciality service
- Proven teaching skills
- Negotiation and diplomacy
- Facilitation and management of change.
- Motivate and influence others, overcoming
- Report writing
- Policy/procedure writing
- Competent with Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate complex or sensitive information about well-being to anxious patients and relatives
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Research/analytical skills
- Counselling skills
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Great Western Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.