About the role:
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, energetic and clinically confident Community Practitioner / Occupational Therapist to join our Community Perinatal Teams across the Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark teams due to further expansion of the Perinatal Community services.
You will have experience of general adult inpatient, Mother and Baby inpatient unit, community mental health services or Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS). You will also have experience of working with women who suffer from moderate to severe mental illness in the perinatal period.Main duties of the job
You will be familiar with Perinatal community standards, governance and performance structures and confident in partnership work with other agencies such as Children and Family Social Services, Midwifery and Obstetric teams, CMHTs, Health Visitors and the Voluntary sector.
You will display excellent clinical knowledge and skilled practice in women with mental health disorders in the perinatal period. You will provide consistently skilled judgments in clinical work. You need to have experience of working in a richly diverse inner city Borough and have the understanding of theopportunities challengesthat this brings.About usAbout the team:
The Lewisham Perinatal Service provides a Monday to Friday, 9-5 service to service users residing within the Borough of Lewisham offering assessment, intervention and treatment to women who suffer from moderate to severe mental health disorders in the perinatal period.
Working closely with your colleagues in PMHT's, you will receive support and be part of the on-going Perinatal workforce training within SLaM and London wide. This is a great opportunity to supervise junior staff as well as implementing new ways of working using best practice and NICE guidelines. About the location
You will based at Lewisham Perinatal Team, Lewisham Old Town Hall, Catford, London SE6 4RU.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesBenefits
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. Its important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
Other benefits include:
- Work life balance, flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease, our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation, our staff benefits fromkeyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Occupational Therapist
- Experience of research- based/reflective practice, e.g. understanding and ability to use supervision to reflect on skills, attitude and knowledge and develop these by using evidence based practice
- Significant relevant clinical experience - 2 year minimum working in Mental Health settings
- Community Care coordination experienc
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of Interagency working
- Experience of supporting practice development in clinical areas
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Lewisham Perinatal Team, Lewisham Old Town Hall, Catford, London, SE6 4RU
Lewisham Old Town Hall
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.