We are recruiting for a Clinical Research Nurse who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
Here at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre you will recruit patients to studies via multiple local DGH teams as well as from within the Cancer Centre. As well as promoting studies to our referral hospitals and recruiting and coordinating the care of our trial participants you will also administer some of the research drugs.
In addition, you will receive a High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of your basic salary, subject to a minimum payment of �4,314 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata.
Our Values are Include, Respect and Improve. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
Working with clinicians and other specialists to recruit patients into a number of clinical trials.
Taking responsibility for the co-ordination and management of clinical research projects, collaborating with key personnel throughout the network to ensure continued care and support for patients involved in clinical trials.
Taking responsibility for the safe administration of experimental drugs and for monitoring the expected and unexpected side effects of drugs and other treatment modalities.
The post holder will be expected to have sufficient skills to enable patients to make informed choices concerning their involvement in the clinical trials by providing advice and information and acting as the patients advocate.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happenJob descriptionJob responsibilities
ENHT is seeking to maintain and expand the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre staff as we move to an exciting new future.
We welcome applications from those who would relish the opportunity to be part of new and developing cancer service, building on the excellent reputation, research and patient experience the Cancer Centre already delivers.
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse/AHP
- Post graduate level qualification/courses or equivalent experience within research and /or a related field
- Evidence of CPD and maintenance of PDP
- Willingness to undertake training as appropriate for role.
- Substantial experience at Band 5 or above
- Experience of working with patients and families within relevant clinical areas in the NHS environment
- Evidence of research activity
- Experience of running concurrent research studies in a healthcare setting with minimal supervision/clinical trials experience
- Experience related to information retrieval and research application
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cross boundaries integrating with multidisciplinary staff
- Ability to make clinical judgments regarding patient needs where appropriate
- Ability to work autonomously using own initiative, and as a member of a team
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office software. (including word, Excel)
- Report writing and presentation skills 2. Extended clinical skills relevant to role eg phlebotomy and cannulation 3. knowledge of sample preparation and transportation 4. Teaching skills
- Awareness of research governance issues
- Awareness of research design and methods understanding of the analytical process
Employer detailsEmployer name
- ICH GCP and current legislation
- Awareness of changing trends within healthcare
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.