Previous applicants will not be considered
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Band 5 Dietitian to join our friendly and supportive Dietetic team at Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Trust. The post is rotational and you will have the opportunity to work at both acute hospital settings, enabling you to gain dietetic knowledge and experience across a broad range of clinical areas
You must be enthusiastic, proactive and willing to learn. You will work as part of the wider MDT.
You will hold responsibility for your own clinical caseload working with patients in the acute inpatient setting. You will need to be an excellent communicator, have strong interpersonal, organisational skills and the ability to work flexibly under your own initiative, as well as part of a team.
You will need to have a relevant degree/diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics, be registered with HCPC . Candidates must have previous NHS Dietetic experience either as an undergraduate or postgraduateMain duties of the job
- To provide Dietetic assessment, treatment and advice to patients and carers in the acute dietetic setting.
- To have Dietetic assessment and treatment skills in the areas listed but not limited to:Range of clinical specialities including more specialist areas with supervision from senior clinical staff Discharge and transfer of care planning and coordination
- Group education sessions as required
- All forms of nutritional support
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust (CHFT) are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description for a full and detailed description of duties, roles and responsibilities associated with this postPerson SpecificationQUALIFICATIONS / TRAININGEssential
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- Registered with HCPC
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISEEssential
- Member of Professional Body
- Clinical Supervisory Skills Training
- Behaviour Change Training
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS (INCLUDING MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES)Essential
- Experience in a wide range of clinical areas in the NHS
- Good clinical reasoning skills
- Awareness of relevant Legislation, NSF'S/ Local and National initiatives
- Basic understanding of Clinical Governance
- Presentation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to undertake assessment and formulate treatment/management programmes with patients/clients, acting as an autonomous practitioner.
- Critical Appraisal Skills
- Ability to maintain legible and accurate records
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates positive attitude and behaviours
- Ability to communicate effectively with people with complex difficulties
- Recognises own limitations and have willingness to share and learn from others
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team
- Ability to organise own work and caseload
- Ability to work flexibly to meet service needs
- Computer literate
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.