Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
The team provide acute and ongoing care and support to children and families in their homes or any other community setting enabling children to continue their normal activities and prevent possible admission to hospital.
CCN's also co-ordinate healthcare services and develop packages of care for children with complex needs and for those with lifelong and life limiting needs involving other agencies where necessary.
The Post holder will work as part of the Community Children's Nursing Team contributing to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence based care to children/ young people, their families and carers, and work in a collaborative manner with other agencies to ensure a seamless service for the children. As a senior member of the team the band 6 CCN's will support and mentor HCA's and student nurses.About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationRoyal Free World Class ValuesEssential
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
- Registered Nurse Child/RSCN
- ENB 998 or equivalent teaching qualification
- Other relevant post registration / professional development.
Personal Qualities & attributeEssential
- Significant post registration experience, working in acute/ community setting.
- Evidence of Child Protection awareness and training
- Experience of working/supporting student nurses.
- Experience of developing protocols / guidelines.
- Experience of teaching
- Experience of managing a ward or individual caseload.
- Ability to prioritize workload and delegate as required.
- Effective role model.
- Evidence of ability to teach in informal and formal settings
- Ability to work autonomously and also as part of a team.
- Demonstrates knowledge of a wide range of general paediatric skills.
- Ability to produce high standards of documentation.
- Ability to negotiate and advocate for children and their families
- Awareness of current developments within paediatric nursing.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexibility, Adaptable and Reliable
- Excellent communication and inter -personal skills.
- Ability to Lead, work autonomously and within a team.
- Commitment to patient care.
- Commitment to furthering knowledge and responsibility
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Free Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.