Now is a great time to work in the NHS and with such a focus on the importance of mental health, Mental Health Nurses are really standing out.
St Andrews ward, based in Wells, is seeking Registered Mental Health Nurses to contribute to providing excellent services.
We are a very caring and close knit team with a focus on supporting each other through the challenges of working on an acute ward so we can continue to make a difference to our patient's recovery.
You'll be a key member of the inpatient multi-disciplinary team, working together to assess, treat and discharge individuals who are experiencing acute mental health difficulties. Please be aware that the ward will be locating to Yeovil in the Winter of 2023.Main duties of the job
We will empower you to work innovatively, showing a commitment to providing compassionate care and a strong desire to improve the patient's experience. You will be able to apply the philosophies of engagement, recovery and positive care in your work with your patients.
We are a positive unit who strive to create a calm environment for our patients during a difficult time in their lives. As we take pride in caring for our patients, we also prioritise taking care of our staff. You will be part of a compassionate and friendly team who understand the challenges that arise when caring for our patients and the importance of supporting one another.
We have been accredited with QNWA from the Royal College of Psychiatrists creates an environment where you will be able to learn from your colleagues, whilst supporting each other to provide the most high-quality patient care.About us
In 2021, Somerset Foundation Trust was awarded the HSJ Award as Trust of the year for Mental Health.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centers like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see Job Description for full detailsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To lead the clinical management of designated service users in assessing, implementing and planning nursing care
- To ensure that junior staff and students are actively engaged in patient activity
- To observe, report and record changes in the patients physical, mental health and behaviour.
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Appropriately registered with the NMC as per post requirements.
- Teaching /Assessor qualification
- Required to develop the knowledge base in line with the KSF requirements for the post.
- Experience of working in multi-agency services
- Evidence of continuing professional development and to have undertaken post registration training.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to recognise and manage challenging situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Show care and compassion and put the patient Centre.
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Andrews Ward
Priory Heath Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.