We are recruiting for a Lead MSK Sonographerwho shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
You will be required to establish and oversee a Sonographer run MSK service alongside the MSK Consultant Radiologists and to take a major role in MSK ultrasound imaging supporting high clinical standards.
You will need to demonstrate high clinical expertise and act as a point of advice for staff with queries regarding their practice and to act as academic and clinical mentor to both educate and support those learning MSK ultrasound procedures or research, including radiologists, radiographers, RDAs, and other disciplines.
Our Values are I
espect and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
To take a major role in MSK ultrasound imaging supporting high clinical standards.
Assist in the development of departmental policies and procedures.
Contribute to service development and quality improvement.
Be involved in writing Training documents & Competencies for specific procedures.
To act as academic and clinical mentor to both educate and support those learning MSK ultrasound procedures or research, including radiologists, radiographers, RDA s, and other disciplines.
Participate and have an active role in audit and clinical governance.
Work according to current national guidelines and best practice.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general and specialist services we provide and our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible and innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation and our staff and patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. This means that any employee is entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns and we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made and considered formally, and will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification information pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- DMU, PgDip or equivalent recognised Ultrasound qualification
- UK hospital experience in MSK ultrasound
- Experience of general and some vascular ultrasound
- MSc in health care related subject
- Experience of a wide range of Imaging equipment
- Demonstration of ability to make decisions and take responsibility
- Experience in MSK scanning
- Involvement in Audit and Clinical Governance programmes.
- Maintained competence in general ultrasound imaging
- Good verbal and written communication with patients and staff at all levels
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Experience of training other members of staff in MSK imaging
- Core Management Skills
- Recruitment and selection training
- Appraisal Training
- Presentation skills
- Experience of setting up new services within the health sector
- High standard of ultrasound imaging skills
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development particularly in regard to MSK ultrasound
- Knowledge of current policies, legislation affecting service delivery
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience and evidence of engagement around equality, diversity and inclusion issues in relation to policy, service development and service delivery in respect of both services to users and the management of staff
- Role model our Trust values every day
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Coreys Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.