An exciting opportunity is here for an experienced, enthusiastic, and innovative candidate to provide management and clinical leadership to support the onward development of the South Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team based at Fulbourn hospital in Cambridge.
The post holder will have managerial responsibility for the Cambridge Crisis Resolution Home Treatment team, closely supported by the experience and expertise of the team and the service manager. This is a 24 hour service providing home treatment as an alternative to hospital admission for people resident in the catchment area age 17 - 65. The team works closely with other CPFT services as part of the acute care pathway interfacing with the inpatient wards, psychiatric liaison service, first response service and other community-based teams.Main duties of the job
You will provide effective clinical leadership including management of human and budgetary resources, ensuring evidence-based practice with in-patient and community settings as well as an ability to co-ordinate varying tasks in care delivery and manage unplanned challenges as they arise.
You will be passionate about the core values of CRHTT intervention, collaborative and partnership working with people, carer's and families supported by the service, and the development of CRHTT as part of the acute care pathway. You will be adept at guiding and managing change as CRHTT's evolve alongside local and national changes to provision of services across the public and private sectors.
Support will be provided to enhance your managerial skills through a range of courses available through CPFT .About us
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities.
- To ensure the professional development of the clinical team.
- To promote the highest professional standards at all times.
- To comply with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Professional Conduct or appropriate professional body.
- To set, implement and monitor high standards of professional conduct for all staff.
- Be responsible for the assessing, planning, implementing and evaluation of all patient care using CPA framework and leading staff to provide the highest standards of care.
- Take a lead role in ensuring nursing input to multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Registered Nurse/ Occupational Therapist/Clinical Psychologist qualification
- Qualification in a Therapy
- Management experience
- Experience in leadership role
- Experience of developing and providing teaching programmes
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Qualification in leadership
- Lived experience of mental health
- Experience of working in a CRHTT or community setting
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Ability to follow instructions & support junior & senior staff
- Ability to work to deadlines
Knowledge & UnderstandingEssential
- IT qualification
- Ability to develop and lead new initiatives within the clinical care environment
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Knowledge and understanding of managing teams to ensure service objectives and outcomes are achieved
- Understanding of therapeutic skills for clinicians in an acute in patient environment
- Mental Health Act Training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Some travel between 2 operational bases
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.