The CAD Technician will support the Facilities and Estates directorate in the production and updating of AutoCAD drawings for the Trusts buildings in addition to producing layout and feasibility drawings. You will be required to visit sites across the Trust to undertake measured building surveys and produce accurate new plans or update existing CAD plans which will be uploaded to our CAFM system currently MICAD. This will include any new properties the Trust intends to occupy.
You will be proficient in the use of AutoCAD. You will ensure all drawings produced are to a high standard, in a consistent format with relevant title block and scale.Main duties of the job
1. Responsible for maintaining the CAD drawings across the Estate.2. Create detailed plans where none currently exist, from onsite surveys and technical design knowledge.3. Produce layout and feasibility drawings as required. Using Health Technical Memoranda (HTM) and Health Building Notes (HBN) guidance to produce the option/feasibility drawings.4. Provide a full administrative and project support service, independently responding to correspondence / enquiries, from a range of stakeholders both internally and externally to the Trust. Ensure all documents and reports are prepared and delivered as specified and in line with agreed reporting schedules.5. Support the reporting mechanisms for CQC/ERIC as required.6. The post holder will manage their own time, with support from the Strategy Manager as required.7. To actively deal with day-to-day issues - utilising negotiating and persuasive skills to obtain responses from others / requests for information etc. in order to meet deadlines, whilst planning ahead for meetings, events and deadlines.About us
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) is an award-winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers, covering services across North & South Staffordshire, Shropshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Isle of Wight and Essex.
Demonstrating our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and in context of our objective aligned to the growth of diversity across the workforce we are particularly seeking applications from individuals who may be from under-represented groups, such as black, Asian or other ethnic groups, individuals with a disability, or LGBTQ+ individuals who meet the specific criteria.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
8. To provide a central reference point for any queries relating to drawings. You will be responsible for investigating any inaccuracies raised to you and going to the relevant site to ensure the drawing held on record is accurate.9. Develop systems and processes in order to improve the efficient and effective processing of drawings within Facilities and Estates.10. To draft a variety of reports for different forums collating and gathering information and presenting in a format suitable for its audience.
11. To update the Accommodation tracker as and when required.12. To redirect and action calls as necessary, using skills to communicate complex or commercially sensitive information.13. Lead on queries relating to drawings acting as the communication link within the wider Facilities & Estates directorate.14. Support the updating of the Service Line Reporting database for the Trust in collaboration with the Space Optimisation & Development Lead.15. To produce accurate information in the form of drawings, reports, spreadsheets, tables, charts and other formats.Associate Director of Estates(Strategy/Property/Strategy ManagerSpace Optimisation & Development LeadEstate DevelopmentOfficerShropshire BuildingCo OrdinatorCAD Technician & ProjectOfficer (ThisStrategy & PropertySupport Officer16. Work with Managers to interpret information needs and development of appropriate drawings.17. Provide support and assistance, as required to the Strategy team. For example, supporting the Estate Development Officer with (de)commissioning premises at peak times.18. Prioritise communication received e.g. Phone messages, e-mail and post deciding when to respond or forward in Managers absence. On occasions decisions regarding emergency situations are required, contacting appropriate managers and Directors.19. Raise requisitions e.g. for new equipment, 3rd party services etc. as required in line with Trust policy.20. Exercise judgement where necessary when responding to queries. Take action within agreed parameters on behalf of colleagues using own initiative.21. Organise and maintain a comprehensive, up-to-date and accurate filing system to be available for audit utilising appropriate software / IT applications.22. Plan, organise and carry out specific projects or pieces of work as required, creating methods for monitoring progress via databases, spreadsheets, etc. making adjustments where necessary to meet teams objectives. This is to support effective project management, reassigning task and making adjustments to plans.23. Provide assistance with identifying project risks, issues and actions.24. Communicates potentially sensitive information at all levels regarding a range of topics.25. Supports the team with project work as and when required.26. Regular review of AutoCAD policy, to ensure relevance and its achieving what it was set out to do.27. Suggest improvements to operational practices that impact their area of work, which will result in improved efficiencies and benefit the wider directorate.28. Responsible for undertaking Research and Development on a regular basis to maintain a current approach to project delivery with regard to the role.29. Develop a sound understanding of the organisations operational processes and procedures.Systems & Equipment30. Regular use of CAD (Computer Aided Design) software to update and produce drawings, occupancy and leasing information.31. Use of measuring tools e.g. laser measures, conventional tape measures etc. for measuring rooms, walls, etc.32. High standard IT software packages such as Microsoft Office, e.g. word processing and data inputting as the position requires an ability to confidently use software.33. The post holder will be required to utilise highly developed skills in producing high quality accurate drawings in AutoCAD format.Decisions and judgements34. Develop a sound understanding of the organisations objectives and be able to communicate and articulate these to teams and the wider organisation.35. The role will involve the regular judgment / planning of a range of factors which are involved in producing drawings.36. The post holder will be able to make decisions based upon a range of information sources. For example, information provided by landlords or architects.37. The post holder will work autonomously without daily supervision and independently resolve the majority of issues delegated by other members of the Strategy Team.38. The post holder will be responsible for working within defined policies and procedures but may propose changes to occupational practices that impact on their own area of work.39. Responsible for creating a drawing policy for AutoCAD drawings, the uploading of them and consulting with other senior managers in the department to get their agreement on this process40. Ensuring that duties are planned, managed and operated across the locality within a concept of flexibility, efficiency and customer care.41. Implement feedback from services when supporting with layout drawings for capital projects and meet deadlines set.Communication and relationships42. Communication will be verbal, written and via electronic transfer of data.43. The post holder will need to be skilled in negotiation as the role involves communicating many changes and delays in projects and some of these may be contentious.44. Demonstrate and role model an approachable and compassionate manner when dealing with issues particularly where these may be contentious or sensitive.45. Develop and maintain well-functioning working relationships internally to the Directorate, at all levels within the Trust and with external partner organisations.46. Maintain strong communications with other departments within the Directorate.Physical demands of the job47. Office working conditions including travel to other regional bases.48. The post holder is sometimes required to work under pressure, dealing with numerous conflicting priorities and work that requires prolonged periods of concentration with frequent interruptions.49. The post holder will require high standard keyboard skills for the use of software etc.50. The post holder will need to concentrate on a frequent basis where their work may be interrupted by customer, clients or project team members and so is unpredictable.51. The post holder will be required to exert light physical effort for short periods during a shift as required for instance the positioning of equipment.52. The post holder may be exposed to unpleasant working conditions such as dust, noise, damp conditions etc. when onsite visits.53. Contact with patients may occur when on-site visits but the contact will be incidental.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Good standard of general education.
- Evidence of continuing & professional development.
- Minimum of City & Guilds, Level 3 Award in 2D Computer Aided Design or equivalent.
- Relevant training for using AutoCAD with a construction focus, and experience of applying to the built environment.
- Microsoft Office Specialist.
- Experience in using MICAD CAFM software.
- Experience of working in a similar role or discipline.
- Experience of using CAD software, in relation to Facilities & Estates requirements.
- Experience of conducting building surveys and taking accurate measurements to produce scaled drawings.
- Knowledge of producing feasibility / conceptual drawings and working with clients to refine.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Problem solving - Proposing solutions in a constructive and effective manner.
- Experience of communicating with a variety of stakeholders.
Skills, Knowledge and AbilitiesEssential
- Previous experience of working within an NHS or corporate environment.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of ability to utilise a number of computer based packages within the workplace.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office to a high standard.
- Ability to be flexible in duties to meet the needs of the service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to utilise them effectively.
- Ability to prioritise own workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate an ability to be a team player.
- Be able to demonstrate prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Ability to build up and develop positive and effective working relationships.
- Ability to work on a diverse range of duties and tasks in a busy and challenging office environment.
- Full driving licence, with access to a car. Travel will be an essential requirement of the post.
- Ability to continually produce accurate and precise information.
- Spatial and design skills to be able to visualise projects in 2D/3D.
- Knowledge of appropriate HTM / HBN building standards and regulations.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Georges Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.