We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated theatre practitioner to join our team in South Theatres. The team are passionate about their profession and proving efficient and high quality to their patients.
South Theatres provides both Elective and Emergency Surgery. The department provides 24 hour cover for Emergency Surgery and has 6 operating theatres, which consists of a dedicated Emergency Theatre, Trauma Theatre and 4 Elective Theatres. The department covers a range of specialties ranging from General Surgery, Colo-rectal, Urology, ENT, Oral, Plastic, Breast and Vascular. For this post you will need to be a Registered Nurse or an Operating Department Practitioner.
Full training for the post will be given with up to 6 months supernumerary status to support you with your development. We are opening 3 new theatres May 2024, one of these will be dedicated robot theatre leading the way for better more innovative surgery. The new theatres will link to a surgical day surgery ward where staff can rotate if willing. There will be opportunity to develop and gain further qualification in perioperative surgery if desired.
This post is integral to the effectiveness of a busy department and provides an excellent opportunity for dedicated individual to play a fundamental role in the caring for a patient undergoing a surgical procedure in the Ipswich Hospital.
For more information please see our online brochure via this link: https://view.pagetiger.com/cbjrist/1Main duties of the job
In this role you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team providing high quality, individualised peri-operative care to our patients. You will have the opportunity to develop your career by receiving dedicated training to learn and utilise new clinical skills. You will need excellent communication and organisation skills, be flexible and have a passion for learning.
Opportunities for internal rotation to other surgical specialities can arise.
If you are highly motivated and looking to expand your skills then we would like to hear from youAbout us
One of the largest Trust's in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of over 11,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health & Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- To provide clinically effective, high quality, individualised peri-operative patient care working within the multi-disciplinary team.
- To promote a safe and attractive working environment that encourages learning.
- To contribute to the continuing development of peri-operative and professional practice ensuring practice is evidence based.
- To support the integration of clinical governance into all aspects of patient care delivery.
- To demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to achieve the learning outcomes of departmental programmes and competencies.
- Registered Nurse Adult/ODP
- To undertake Anaesthetic practice be able to evidence achievement of recognised national standards
- Evidence of continued professional Development Plans
- Dip HE (or working towards)
- Has experience of working within a team
- Evidence of Exposure to or understanding Relevant Clinical Experience
- Significant recent relevant hospital experience
- Previous relevant perioperative experience
- Understands the clinical role of a nurse/ODP within the Perioperative team.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Has evidence of professional portfolio development
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.