We are looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to support the co-ordination of the MFT Sub-Regional Immunoglobulin Assessment Panel(SrIAP). This panel has been established to provide effective clinical stewardship and review of immunoglobulin usage within the North West ofEngland to deliver against NHS England's intentions for immunoglobulin management. The panel is hosted by MFT and will be working closelywith trusts across Greater Manchester, Lancashire and South Cumbria.
You will join a large, friendly and innovative team within the pharmacy service and play an important role in maintaining and developing itscontribution to the care of hospital patients.Main duties of the job
The co-ordinator will be a core member of the SrIAP, playing a major role in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the SrIAP. You will bespecifically responsible for the co-ordination and administrative management of the SrIAP including facilitating regular meetings and establishing robust communication channels with referrer hospitals. The post holder will also contribute to the delivery of plans and approaches to promote engagement of member trusts with the SrIAP.
In addition to working for the MFT SrIAP, you will also be a key member of the wider Medicines Optimisation Team here at MFT, leading theadministrative team on the delivery of the Trust's medicines optimisation work plan.
This is an excellent opportunity for those with proven experience coordinating a multi-disciplinary team and strong project management skills looking for a new challenge within an exciting and newly established team. We are looking for someone who is confident in their ability to workcollaboratively with a variety of clinical staff and also work on their own initiative. You will need to be able to demonstrate strong inter-personalskills, be organised and possess strong IT skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft office and databases. Previous experience withinpharmacy and knowledge of immunoglobulins is not essential.About us
MFT is England's largest NHS Trust with a turnover of �2.5bn & is on a different scale than most other NHS Trusts. We're creating an exceptional integrated health & social care system for the 1 million patients who rely on our services every year.
Bringing together 10 hospitals & community services from across Manchester, Trafford & beyond, we champion collaborative working & transformation, encouraging our 28,000 workforce to pursue their most ambitious goals. We set standards that other Trusts seek to emulate so you'll benefit from a scale of opportunity that is nothing short of extraordinary.
We've also created a digitally enabled organisation to improve clinical quality, patient & staff experience, operational effectiveness & driving research and innovation through the introduction of Hive our brand-new Electronic Patient Record system which we've launched in September 2022.
We're proud to be a major academic Research Centre & Education provider, providing you with a robust infrastructure to encourage and facilitate high-quality research programmes. What's more, we're excited to be embarking on our new Green Plan which will set out how MFT continues to play its part in making healthcare more sustainable.
At MFT, we create and foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, provide equal opportunities for career development that are fair, open and transparent, protecting your health and wellbeing and shaping the future of our organisation together.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To find out more about the key responsibilities and the specific skills and experience youll need, take a look at the Job Description & Person Specification attachments under the Supporting Documents heading. So that youre even more equipped to make an informed decision to apply to us, youll need to take time to read the Candidate Essentials Guide that sits with the Job Description and Person Specification. This document provides you with details about the Trust, our benefits and outlines how we care for you as you care for others. Most importantly, it also contains critical information youll need to be aware of before you submit an application form. Diversity Matters
MFT is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, celebrating and valuing diversity and eliminating any form of unlawful discrimination across our workforce, ensuring our people are truly representative of the communities we serve. All individuals regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply for this post. As an inclusive employer, we are here to support you. If you have any special requirements to help you with your application, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were looking forward to hearing from you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Good general education with high levels of literacy, numeric and IT skills (equivalent to GCSE level)
- Business or administration related qualification or equivalent experience
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience in relevant field e.g. Business
- Project management qualification
- IT qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good command of the English language
- IT literate, including excel & advance keyboard skills
- Knowledge of creating and maintaining databases
- Routine monitoring and presentation of complex data and reports
- Outstanding organisation and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of immunoglobulin, its uses and background to the development of the SrIAPs
- Knowledge of trust computer systems
- Knowledge of MDSAS database
- Strong negotiating and assertiveness skills
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed
- Ability to work unsupervised, use own initiative & manage own workload
- Ability to engage others and lead a team
- Ability to deal with complex, sensitive and confidential information, requiring tact or persuasive skills where there may be barriers to understanding
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm and objective approach in challenging situations
- Ability to motivate, empower and facilitate teams from different professional disciplines to be proactive
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to concentrate for prolonged periods and maintain high degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage regular interruptions
- Able to travel across the Greater Manchester footprint as required to visit member trusts and attend meetings
Manchester University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust- Oxford Road Campus
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.