Birmingham Community Healthcare (BCHC) has established an enviable reputation for providing high quality, accessible and responsive community and specialist services within Birmingham and the West Midlands. The Trust delivers over 100 clinical services, out in people's homes and in over 400 facilities including hospitals, health centres, schools and clinics.
The Trust is also a key partner within the wider Birmingham and Solihull (BSol) Integrated Care System (ICS) as a specialist community provider and also the lead organisation for the development of the Community Care Collaborative (CCC). The Trust therefore has a key role in the integration of health and care services across BSol to ensure that wherever possible, there is a system approach to developing services supported by a locality approach in delivery in order to make it easier for people to access the care they need when and where they need it (often on the same day), our workforce have the time and space to provide continuity of care, personalised to the needs of the individual and we focus on prevention to support people to live with maximum independence.Main duties of the job
Central to the delivery of the Community Care Collaborative will be two initial core priorities the development of our Integrated Neighbourhood Teams, to provide multi-disciplinary teams that wrap support around the holistic needs of the individual in their local community and the leadership of a single, consistent Intermediate Care service across Birmingham and Solihull, which is locality led in its delivery and supported by Place and System infrastructure.
Key enablers to the overall success of the CCC will also be to:
- Ensure we are using technology to best support and drive integrated working
- Enable and support our workforce to transform care
- Support the development of joint leadership teams to work in a more integrated, joined up approach
The Associate Director of Transformation role is therefore an exciting opportunity to play a critical leadership role in service transformation, working with the Chief Transformation Officer across the Trust and with Integrated Care System partners to improve outcomes for the people we serve.About us
The Associate Director of Transformation will:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Work with the Chief Transformation Officer to lead the development of the Birmingham & Solihull Community Care Collaborative and that the scope is appropriately defined and delivered.
- Be the day-to-day programme lead for the development of integrated neighbourhood teams with an initial focus on keeping adults well in their own homes.
- Support the development of the Trust's intermediate care strategy and alignment of service provision across our locality footprint.
- Support the operational delivery of our digital strategy through working closely with the clinical and operational teams and also ensuring that digital operational agenda is developed and embedded within our transformation programmes.
- Be a key interface for partners across the Integrated Care System and play a lead role in defining service transformation opportunities and greater collaborative working.
- Ensure that our commitment to tackling inequalities in access, experience and outcomes and becoming a truly inclusive organisation is at the heart of our service transformation programmes.
The Associate Director of Transformation will also work closely with the other members of the Trust Leadership Team and partners in the Integrated Care System. The postholder will also, along with the Chief Transformation Officer, play an active part in the wider development of the Birmingham & Solihull Integrated Care System and in regional and national networks representing the work of the Trust to stakeholders including NHS England.
If you are an ambitious and highly motivated individual, this could be an ideal opportunity to make a real difference to help shape how health and care is designed and delivered going forward across BSol and to work alongside some inspirational people and teams.
This is an ideal opportunity if you have an ambition of becoming a future Director of Transformation and / or a Chief Operating Officer and as such we are looking for an experienced leader. You will have a good understanding of community health and care services which will have been developed within the NHS, private or not for profit health sectors in an associate director / general management role.
You will have a proven track record of delivering sustainable service transformation in a complex and dynamically changing environment, and the ability to win the support of key stakeholders to maximise the impact of delivering improved models of care that have made a measurable difference to patients lives. For further information please contact Chris Holt, Chief Transformation Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th September 2023.
Interviews will be held week commencing 25th September 2023Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
QualificationsEssential InterviewEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS FTAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.