Do you aspire to provide holistic, patient centred care? Apply for our Community Nurse vacancy in Scarborough where you will provide assessment & care to patients in their own place of residence. Because our service also provides nursing specialisms there is a wonderful opportunity to develop your career with us & we support our staff to gain further qualifications.
Here's what a member of our team has to say about his experience: 'I started with Humber as a newly qualified nurse 5 years ago & have since completed my District Nurse Specialist Qualification which helped me to secure a band 6 role. I will soon start my prescribing qualification which will open many avenues in my nursing career. Humber are willing to support & help their staff to flourish in their careers.'
You will have a planned induction which includes a training programme delivered by our specialist nurses & for newly qualified staff we have a preceptorship programme. We have a clear competency framework so you know what is expected within your role & can plan development of your competencies with support from your line manager.
As a community nurse you will work closely with the wider MDT within our own services and other agencies including the acute hospitals, Hospice, General Practice, Social Services & the voluntary sector. We are a 24/7 service so there is opportunity for different types of shifts & once in post staff can make a flexible working request to help balance work & home life.Main duties of the job
The main duties of the role include -
- Holistic patient assessment, formulation and reviewing of care plans
- Holding a non-complex patient caseload
- Management of pressure ulcers & wounds
- Palliative & end of life care
- Bladder & bowel care including catheterisation and continence assessments
- Medicines Management
- Injections (sub cut & IM)
- Provision of equipment to support care
- Participation in daily safety huddles & handovers
- Line management & supervision of junior staff
- Practice supervision for nursing students
- Continual learning and professional development
- Shift work
We are anaward winning and CQC rated good, health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale & Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of patients and service users.
To find out about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You'll join our team of over 3600 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialities to change lives daily. We're extremely proud of our Trust community, knowing you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and promotes equality whilst challenging discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Degree/diploma in adult nursing
- Part III or 13 of NMC live register
- Be on the live register for mentors
- Evidence of current CPD/formal qualifications at an advanced level e.g. degree or post graduate level or equivalent knowledge/experiential learning
- Appropriate knowledge/experience of working in Community Nursing
- Understanding of caseload management responsibilities
Skills and CompetenciesEssential
- Successful completion of preceptorship
- Evidence of specialist practice skills and impact of this on practice change/development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to commute between the various sites
- Able to demonstrate effective interpersonal/communication skills
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Community Services Scarborough Hub
174 Prospect Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.