Do you want to work as part of an innovative and expanding specialist inpatient Recovery Service?
An opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Senior Occupational Therapist to join our Recovery and Rehabilitation Service.
78 Crawley Road is a modern, state of the art rehabilitation hospital that comprises an 8 bed intensive rehabilitation unit and 16 individual bungalows designed around a central landscaped courtyard.
The design offers exceptional opportunities to people with severe enduring mental health problems and works closely with local Adult Mental Health Services - acute and community services, and Secure and Forensic Services.
The unit has generated a lot of interest from local services, commissioners and NHS England for the work it has done with individual clients.
Working as member of the multi-disciplinary team, you will be part of an expanding service that is supporting people with complex needs and their families to realise new goals and rewarding opportunities through a comprehensive recovery programme.Main duties of the job
- Management of Occupational Therapy department at 78 Crawley Road.
- Management of a clinical caseload. Providing functional assessments, completing necessary reports and implementing relevant evidence-based interventions
- Management and development of unit activity timetable
- Development and facilitation of occupational based groups, including Recovery Through Activity.
- Support to the leadership team in the referrals process and complete Occupational Therapy assessments as required.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living in Sussexbefore then you should consider the following:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including Hastings, Bexhill on Sea and Eastbourne
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
- To provide Occupational Therapy interventions for referred clients using evidence based, client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- To promote and develop the role of Occupational Therapy within the clinical area.
- To provide specialist clinical advice and input for clients with complex problems and needs.
- To work as part of the MDT team in assessments and patient care planning.
- To ensure Occupational Therapy contribution to the provision of quality clinical care and performance standards
- Operate as a senior Occupational Therapy practitioner and manage an appropriate complex clinical caseload.
- Promote evidence based practice in Occupational Therapy and the relevant mental health service.
- Provide a specialised range of clinical interventions and demonstrate knowledge of models of practice.
- Monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of interventions.
- Supervise the work of more junior qualified staff and provide support and guidance.
- Ensure that up to date written and electronic records and activity data are maintained in accordance with Professional and Trust standards and to provide specialist Occupational Therapy reports relevant to the practice setting.
- To adhere to Trust risk management policies and procedures.
- To champion occupational and recovery approaches within the service area.
- Be aware of and able to use de-escalation techniques and physical breakaway skills.
- Ensure effective communication with all parts of the service, other agencies, the people who use services and their carers.
- Ensure representation in strategic meetings and raise awareness of the contribution of Occupational Therapy.
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Evidence of post graduate level study/training
- Registration with the HCPC as an Occupational Therapist
- Practice Education training
- Training in the use of standardised Occupational Therapy assessment tools
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience as a qualified Occupational Therapist in mental health
- Broad experience of working with clients with a range of mental health problems
- Experience of both group and individual work
- Experience of multidisciplinary working
- Experience of supervising staff and students
- Experience as a Care Coordinator
- Experience in a clinical area related to the post
- Leadership experience
- Experience in applying a range of assessment tools and a comprehensive knowledge of Occupational Therapy clinical approaches used in mental health
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
78 Crawley Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.